Reliance Industries Pvt Ltd. hiring Research Scientist
The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain. The Group’s activities span exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals (polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics and chemicals), textiles, retail, infotel and special economic zones. Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world of major petrochemical products. Major Group Companies are Reliance Industries Limited, including its subsidiaries and Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job location: Maharashtra
Experience: 3-6 years
To contribute scientifically and technically towards improving algae photosynthetic efficiency & improving biomass.
- To generate Scientific/technical data using established systems, procedures and protocols
- To interpret data and present results in consultation with manager in order to make contributions to decisions in the work programme content, procedures or problem resolution
- Apply depth and /or breadth of knowledge and experience to recognize problems and find solutions; propose and agree with manager if deviating from standard practice and procedures
- To maintain experimental data of own work in electronic lab-note book, archive and upload in database in consultation with manager
- May attend project/group meetings agreed with manage
- Day to day planning of work and execution after go ahead for SOPs from manager
- Effectively prioritise and plan work defined by manager
- Compliance with HSE requirements and suggest improvements in own work area
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills)
- Extensive knowledge of Photosynthesis in algal systems.
- Hands-on experience in measurement of photosynthesis in algal systems.
- Knowledge of photosystems, reaction centres involved in photosynthesis.
- Identify key rate-limiting steps in photosynthesis.
- Explore novel methods to enhance photosynthetic efficiency.
- Most efficient utilization of light energy to produce carbon biofuels in algae by studying the different rates of photosynthesis under different conditions.
- Knowledge of light and dark reactions in photosynthesis.
- Explore different conditions that affect photosynthesis like light, carbon dioxide, cell division, energy balance (ratio of ATP/NADPH).
- Explore different way of carbon concentration mechanisms in algae.
- Integrate principles of biology, chemistry and physics to better understand and apply the principles of light distribution in population.
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications)
- The candidate should have relevant experience in one of the following areas: Biology, Biochemistry, Plant Physiology, Algal physiology, Photobiology. Potential candidates must hold (or be about to hold) a PhD in a relevant area (e.g. plant / algal physiology / biochemistry), be able to work independently and in a collaborative environment and have a strong record of research productivity.
- Knowledge of the Intellectual Property process will be an advantage.
- Learning ability, effective communication, and team work, amenable to change.
- Should be a self-starter and have a passion for excellence and teamwork.
- Good analytical skills. Knowledge and use of computational tools.
- Display leadership, take initiatives.
- Show creativity in work.
- Good time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online via the link below.