NIT, Rourkela Invites Applications for JRF Vacancy in DBT Project
NIT Rourkela was established as Regional Engineering College (REC) Rourkela on 15 August 1961. Chief Minister of Odisha, Biju Patnaik has provided the land for the same which is Approximate 1200 Acre. its foundation stone was laid by the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. It was granted autonomy and now functioning Independent under the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2002 thus becoming one of the National Institutes of Technology. NIT Rourkela is well known for its research related activities now a days in various field of Science
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No of Post – ONE
Project Title – “Green synthesis of iron nano-particles from manglicolous fungi of Indian Sundarban and their application in sequestration of heavy metals from contaminated water”
Name of the Sponsoring Agency – DBT, Government of India
Tenure of the Project – January, 2016 to December, 2018
Tenure of the Assignment – 3 year, extendable annually till completion of project, subject to satisfactory performance.
Consolidated monthly compensation/Fellowship –
- Rs. 25000/- per month; 1st and 2nd year and
- Rs. 28000/- per month in 3rd year for valid GATE / NET candidates.
Job Description – Research work & experiments related to the project and enrolment in Ph.D. on the topic of this project work following the Institute’s rule.
- Essential – M.Sc./M. Tech in Life Science, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology, Chemical Engg, Zoology, Botany, Env. Sci. or allied subjects with 65% marks without NET/GATE or 60% marks wit NET/GATE of UGC/CSIR/ ICMR/DBT/ICAR (LS/JRF).
- Desirable – Prior working experience in bioremediation, mycology, nano-remediation and/or nanoparticles synthesis/ characterization will be preferred.
How to Apply:
- Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format (available in the Institute Website) affixed with colored photographs to be submitted in duplicate along with photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., to Asst. Registrar, SRICCE, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela–769 008 on or before 14.06.2016. The cover should be super- scribed clearly the post applied for & Name of the Project. Shortlisted candidates will be informed for the date of interview.
- Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview.
- Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project.
- For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address with an updated Curriculum Vitae:
Name : Dr. Surajit Das
Address : Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology and
Department of Life Science
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela-769 008
Tel. No : 9556425605, 0661-2462684
Application Deadline – 14th June 2016