KSS Lab – IISC Exclusively Hiring Life Science Candidates for the Post of JRF / SRF
Cancer development is a complex process involving the accumulation of genetic alteration in genes that normally regulate cell proliferation, differentiation and death. In the laboratory, my research team is seeking to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying the development of central nervous system tumors, in particular gliomas which are tumors arising from glial cells. The grade IV glioma (Glioblastoma; GBM) is the most common, malignant primary brain tumor in adults. The prognosis remains poor with median survival ranging from 12-17 months in spite of improvements in treatment protocol. While primary aim of KSS lab is to understand the biology of glioma, we also develop biomarkers/signatures for better grading, prognosis and treatment. Some specific aspects of study focus on miRNA, DNA methylation and chromatin modifications. We also use next generation sequencing to identify novel genetic alterations and gene fusions in gliomas.
Job Title : Junior/Senior research fellow @ Indian Institute of Science (MCB Dept)
Job Description :
- The KSS lab of the Microbiology and Cell Biology department of IISc is looking for individuals who are well versed with Next Generation Sequencing and Microarray data analysis.
- The primary research interest of the lab is genetics of brain tumors.
- The work will include analysis of NGS data (WGS, WES, RNA-Seq and ChIP-Seq) data obtained from the IISc NGS facility (Illumina Platform) for detection of novel variants and genetic abnormalities associated with cancer of glial cells.
- Furthermore, variants identified through NGS analysis will be correlated with gene expression and methylation status of in-house and external tumor samples and vice versa.
- Additional details regarding the ongoing work in the lab can be obtained from the lab website : http://mcbl.iisc.ernet.in/KumarS/
Additional Skills Required :
- Applicants must have previous experience in NGS data analysis and Microarray data analysis.
- Applicants must be comfortable with the Linux operating system and command line interface.
- Applicants must be well versed with at least 1 programing language (C, perl, java, etc).
- Fluency in R statistical programming is desired.
Eligiblity : B.Tech / B.E. / MSc or higher in Bioinformatics /Computational Biology. NET /CSIR / BINC qualified will be preferred.
How to Apply :
Interested candidates can send their resume to [email protected]
- A short write-up of NGS based / Microarray based project is mandatory.
- Contact information of three referees should be provided.
Last date of application : 10th June 2016