IISER, Pune Hiring R&D Project Assistant / Fellow Post
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Title – Project Assistant/Fellow
No of Posts – ONE
Project Title – DISC-B Denmark India in vivo screen for cancer bio-markers
Funded By – DST
Project Code – 30813139
Tenure of Appointment – Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period of two years subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the study project.
Consolidated monthly fellowship per month – Starting fellowship of Rs. 16,000/- per month + 30% HRA based on academic record and work experience of the candidate (or Rs. 25,000/- per month + 30% HRA for CSIR/UGC-JRF/NET or GATE qualifiers).
Age – Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement.
Job Requirement – Maintaining Drosophila cultures, making fly media. Setting up Drosophila crosses and analyzing results of a planned reverse genetics screen.
- Essential – M. Sc. (Life or allied Sciences) or equivalent degree with minimum 70% marks/equivalent grade. Additional percentage cut-off may be applied during the screening process
- Preferable – Preference will be given to candidates having laboratory work experience, Research Publications and those who have cleared CSIR-NET or equivalent examinations.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should send the application by email addressed to [email protected] attaching duly filled Application_Form.doc (converted to PDF) available below this advertisement on or before last date. Please mention name of the Post and Project Code in the subject line.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates for interviews with details of date, time and venue will be put up on the Institute website below this advertisement and shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Interviews for the position of Project Fellow are likely to be conducted on June 24, 2016.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Application Deadline – 11th June 2016