Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India is an emerging multidisciplinary institute engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian Nationals to join in the following positions in DST-SERB/Institutional sponsored project.
Position I – Junior Research Fellow
- No of Posts – ONE
- Project Title – “Implication of bacteria derived human defensing in burn injury and wound healing”.
- Fellowship – Rs. 25,000 per month+ HRA @ 20%
- Candidates holding Master’s degree with 60% aggregate or more with NET/GATE or equivalent qualification in the subjects of Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology or any other branches of Life sciences are eligible to apply.
- JRF joining in this project will not be directly allowed to register for Ph.D. However, the person joining as a JRF can compete for selection in ILS Ph.D. programme after fulfilling all necessary requirements.
Position II – Project Assistant
- No of Posts – ONE
- Project Title – “Restoring cell death in chemoresistant oral squamous cell carcinomas (OSCC)”
- Fellowship – Rs. 12,000 per month (consolidated) without HRA
- Candidates holding Master’s degree with 60% aggregate or more in any branches of Life sciences are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to candidates having previous research experience.
How to Apply:
- Interested/eligible candidates may download application form from the institute website
(www.ils.res.in) and apply along with attested copies of mark sheets and certificates to the Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023.
- Initial appointment will be for one year and based on the performance the tenure will be extendable for the entire duration of the project. The position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- The position of JRF is not leading to Ph.D. Only short listed candidates will be called for one round of interview and personal interaction.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The decision of the Director regarding selection of candidates will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
1) Last date for receiving complete application: 03.06.2016
2) Display of short listed candidates called for interview: 06.06.2016
3) Date & time of interview:
- 08.06.2016 at 2.30 PM (Project Assistant)
- 09.06.2016 at 9.30 AM (Junior Research Fellow)
Application Deadline – 03rd June 2016