Govt Job | Get Salary Package of Upto Rs 12 Lakh as Scientist @ Biosafety Support Unit, RCB Delhi
Regional Centre of Biotechnology, Faridabad
Biosafety Support Unit
(A project supported by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for 3 (Three) contractual positions i.e. Chief (Bio-pharma) – 01, Scientist (Agronomy) – 01 and Scientist (Biosafety & Bio-containment) – 01 in the project titled “Establishment of Biosafety Support Unit (BSU)”. The tasks of Chief (Bio-pharma) and Scientists are enclosed at Annexure – 1. The positions are purely on contract basis and will be governed by the terms and conditions prescribed by Regional Centre of Biotechnology, Faridabad for contract positions.
The details of contractual positions, essential qualifications, desired experience, monthly remuneration and age limit are given below:
Job Title : Chief (Biopharma) – 01
Essential Qualifications :
- PhD/MD in Pharmacology / Toxicology / Molecular Biology/ Medicine / Pharmaceutical Biotechnology / Microbiology or in any branch of Life Science of relevance to biologicals from a recognized University / Institute and
- First class degree at M.Sc / M.Tech / MBBS level from a recognized University / Institute
- Minimum 6 years’ (out of which minimum 3 years regular service in Pay band-4: Rs.37400- 67000 plus grade pay: Rs.7600 or equivalent, if working in Govt. Sector or drawing minimum Annual CTC of Rs.7.00 lakhs if working in private sector) experience in research / teaching / regulatory work.
- Should have made original scientific contributions as evidenced by Patents and / or Publications/Technology Development and Transfer of Technology.
Desirable Experience :
- 2 years’ experience in Regulatory work.
- Guiding research at doctoral level in relevant field or handling of Research Project as Project Leader in industry.
- Running / Head of a division in the Center / Institution.
Monthly Remuneration : Rs.80,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- (based on experience)
Age Limit : Not exceeding 45 years.
Task of Chief (Bio-pharma) & Scientists of Biosafety Support Unit
- Realizing the need to continually strengthen the biosafety regulatory system for addressing current and upcoming challenges in Research & Development in field of genetically modified crops and r- DNA technology based pharmaceutical products, Department of Biotechnology has sanctioned the project “Establishment of Biosafety Support Unit (BSU)” being implemented at Regional Centre of Biotechnology, Faridabad to assist the Review Committee on Genetic Manipulation (RCGM) and Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee (GEAC) for their regulatory functions, training, capacity building and for communication activities. The BSU is functioning at New Delhi. The task of Chief (Bio-pharma) & Scientists of Biosafety Support Unit are as follows:
- To assist RCGM/GEAC (Statutory bodies under Rules 1989 of EPA 1986) in scrutiny of the applications received for conducting research in biotechnology/biologicals/pharma/drugs etc., in the monitoring of field / lab trials and in streamlining the regulatory functions. The main focus of the unit will be on scrutiny of the received applications for the data submitted, protocol followed during the generation of data and other regulatory compliance.
- To develop the draft guidelines and protocols for generating biosafety data to address the challenges raised by the emerging areas of Biotechnology/ Biologicals/Pharma/Drugs.
- To analyze the training need for the personnel engaged in Biosafety regulation and would work towards training and capacity building of the personnel in regulatory science.
- To provide appropriate scientific information on emerging issues in regulatory work in the areas of Biotechnology/ Biologicals/Pharma/Drugs.
- To provide other requisite services to RCGM/GEAC and their Sub-Committees/Central Compliance Committees etc. (vi). Any other duties as instructed by the CSO, BSU.
Note: Retired Scientist can be considered upto 62 years
Job Title : Scientist (Agronomy) – 01
- Ph. D. in Agronomy and
- First Class Degree at MSc / M.Tech level in Agronomy/Agriculture
Essential Experience: Minimum one year Post-Doctoral experience preferably in design, execution and analysis of field trials :
Monthly Remuneration : Rs.50,000/- to Rs.70,000/- per month based on experience
Age Limit :Rs.50,000/- to Rs.70,000/- per month based on experience
Job Title :Scientist (Biosafety & Biocontainment) – 01
- Ph. D. in any field of Biological Sciences
- First Class Degree at MSc / M.Tech level in any field of Biological Sciences
Essential Experience: Minimum one year Post-Doctoral experience in BSLIII /IV Bio-Containment Facilities in Public or Private Sector.
Monthly Remuneration :Rs.50,000/- to Rs.70,000/- per month based on experience
Age Limit : 37 years on the last date of application
Job Description : Scientists of the Biosafety Support Unit are required to undertake regulatory risk assessment, risk analysis and examine appropriate risk management strategies etc. They will be involved in scrutiny of applications received for risk assessment, in preparation of reports to facilitate decision making by the Competent Bodies, in the development of guidelines and protocols for generating biosafety data to address the challenges raised by the emerging areas of biotechnology etc. and other duties as instructed by the Executive Director, RCB, Chief Scientific Officer, BSU and Chief
How to Apply :
Application form complete in all respects, with enclosures should be sent in a closed cover with a superscription on the cover “Application for the position of ……….. (……………………) on contractual basis” at the following address: Manager (A&F), Biosafety Support Unit (BSU), 5-6 Institutional Area (NPC Building), Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 (Telephone – 011-24654009)
Last date of receipt of application will be 21 days from the date of publication of Advertisement in Newspaper, i.e – 25.5.2016
Other conditions of contractual positions are as follows:
- Appointment will be made on contract basis for a period of one year initially which may be extended depending on the performance evaluation on yearly basis with an increment of 5 % of consolidated remuneration upto the period of project. The project is presently upto March, 2017.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information, other documents and photographs submitted.
- The RCB reserves the right to relax qualification, experience and age limit for otherwise exceptional candidates. RCB may also offer higher remuneration for experienced candidates.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and need of the project. Mere possessing the prescribed qualifications does not entitled that the candidate would be called for interview.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be informed by e-mail about the interview date. So the candidate must provide valid E-mail IDs in their application.
- Shortlisted candidates have to present themselves for the interview on the interview date with updated CV and original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/certificates in support of their academic qualifications and experience.
- The persons in employment in Government/Semi Government Departments/ Autonomous Organizations are required to get their applications forwarded through their employer or the applicants should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview.
- There is no application fee. i. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the Test/Interview.