CSIR – CLRI Invites Applications for Ph.D. Programme – 2016 Under AcSIR
The Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), a premier research institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), invites applications for Ph.D. Programme under Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) from eligible candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD (Sciences), Direct PhD (Sciences) and Sponsored PhD (Sciences)
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology, Medicine or Master’s degree in Science with a keen sense of scientific enquiry for pursuing advanced research in frontier areas of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Mathematical & Information Sciences leading to a Ph.D. degree.
- The candidate should be having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/ SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST etc.), INSPIRE or other equivalent fellowships.
- Project Assistants, Senior Research Fellows and CSIR Scientists are also eligible to apply (as per AcSIR Ordinance No. 3.6.2).
Direct PhD (Sciences):
- Undergraduate degree in Science or allied subjects with at least 8.5/85% and/or 1st rank holder in University/ Institution.
- Possible funding sources for students are INSPIRE, CSIR-JRF, CSIR-UGC-NET or other equivalent national fellowships.
Sponsored PhD (Sciences):
Regular: Master’s degree in Science*
Direct: Undergraduate degree in Science or allied subjects with at least 8.5/ 85% and/or 1strank holder in University/ Institution*.
* with endorsement from Industry for required academic leave and financial support during program.
Note: CSIR Scientists recruited 2009 onwards/ Existing Research Fellows/ Projects Assistants (working at CSIR-CLRI for a minimum of one year) who fulfil the qualifications are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for Integrated MSc-PhD in Nutritional Biology
- Eligibility criteria: Bachelor’s degree in Science/ Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture/Medicine/Pharmacology.
- Minimum marks requirement:
i) Minimum First Class with 65% in B.Sc degree (60% for SC/ ST students)
ii) Minimum first class for B.Tech/B.E/M.B.B.S/B.Pharm in Biotechnology/Food Technology/
Agriculture/ Medicine/Pharmacology courses.
How to Apply :
- Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online from April 22, 2016 via the link below
- Online application will close on May 26, 2016.
Important dates :
|12-08-2016||Commencement of Academic Session|
|08-08-2016 To 09-08-2016||Enrollment|
|20-07-2016||Declaration of Results (on web)|
|27-06-2016 To 08-07-2016||Aptitude Test/ Interview|
|31-05-2016||Intimation to Shortlisted Candidates (on web)|
|26-05-2016||Application Closing Date|
|22-04-2016||Commencement of Application Process|