Biomedical Genomics Centre, (BMGC) Hiring Research Assistant & Technical Support Assistant
The BioMedical Genomics Centre (BMGC) has been established, as an autonomous
institution, to accelerate basic & translational research and capacity building in biomedical
genomics by empowering clinicians to carry out independent research and training and also
provide genetics services. BMGC also seeks to promote and improve genetics services for
various medical conditions. This institution is aided by the Department of Biotechnology,
Govt. of India through the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani.
Applications are invited for the post of a Research Assistant for BioMedical Genomics Centre, Kolkata on a contractual basis for 1 year, renewable yearly according to performance and need of the institute.
Position Title:Research Assistant
Position Code: 01
Number of posts: 1
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ Genetics.
- At least two years ‘hands-on’ experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Computer knowledge in MS Office.
- Proficiency in English and good communication skills.
Desirable Qualification : Experience in genetic analysis of human clinical samples.
Nature of Work:
- Working in a state-of-the-art molecular biology/genomics laboratory and performing experiments using patient samples on a regular basis for research/diagnostic purpose.
- Maintenance of laboratory instruments and stock of reagents.
Consolidated and fixed monthly emolument:Rs. 18,000- 20,000
Job Title : Technical Support Assistant
Position Code : 02
Essential Qualification :
- B.Sc. in any branch of Life Sciences.
- At least one year experience in clinical sample collection from hospitals and/or experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques including PCR and DNA sequencing
Desirable : Basic computer knowledge in MS Office (Word and Excel) for documentation and preliminary data entry. Proficiency in English, Bengali and Hindi.
Nature of Work : Sample Collection from Hospitals, Basic Molecular biology lab work, data entry and stock management
Consolidated and fixed monthly emolument : Rs. 10,000- 12,000
How to apply:
Please send applications in the prescribed format available at website http://bmgc.nibmg.ac.in/, to BioMedical Genomics Centre, PG Polyclinic Building (3rd Floor), 5 Suburban Hospital Road, Kolkata -700 020 in a sealed envelope along with experience certificate. The last date of application is 5-30 PM on 30th May, 2016. Each applicant can apply for only one position. Call letters to attend interview will be sent only to the short-listed candidates by electronic mail only. No correspondence will be made with applicants who are not shortlisted /not called for screening test and /or interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
The last date of application is 5-30 PM on 30th May, 2016.