Attend Walk-In Interview for SRF Vacancy @ ICAR – Indian Agricultural Research Institute
The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute. Following a devastating earth quake on 15th January 1934, the institute was shifted to Delhi on 29th July 1936. Post independence, the institute has beenrenamed as Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI).
Job Title – Senior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – “Incentivizing Research in Agriculture: Genetic modification to improve biological nitrogen fixation’’
Duration of Project – One year or till completion of the project whichever is earlier.
Age Limit – 35 years for men & 40 years for women (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Govt. rules)
Emoluments – Rs. 25,000 + 30% HRA for 1 st and second year and Rs. 28,000/+HRA for 3rd year.
- Essential – M.Sc. in Agrl Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Life Sciences. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET or GATE qualification or equivalent or Ph.D. in any of above disciplines or equivalent/Ph.D in any of the above disciplines or integrated (B.Tech+M.Tech.,5years) in relevant subject. Kindly see the following ICAR memorandum for details F. No. Agri. Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 13.07.2015 and F. No. Agri. 2 Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 09.10.2015)
- Desirable – Demonstrated experience in basic molecular biological techniques, gene cloning, gene function and characterization.
- Basic bioinformatics tools of sequence analysis, expression analysis.
Terms and Conditions:
- All the positions are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis initially for a period of one year, which may be extended periodically subject to performance till the termination of the project.
- The selected candidate shall not claim regular appointment at this Institute, as the post is coterminous with the project.
- The interview of eligible candidates will be held on 09- 06-2016 at 10.00 AM in the Committee Room, Division of Microbiology, IARI, and New Delhi 110012.
- Reporting time: 09.30 AM to 10.30 AM in PG Lecture room, Division of Microbiology, IARI, New Delhi 110012. Candidates reporting after 10.30AM shall not be considered for interview SRF position.
- The candidates will have to bring a copy of bio-data, brief note on how they can contribute to the present project, original certificates and selfattested photocopies with one recent passport size photograph. The original or provisional degree of award of M.Sc/ Ph.D/NET/GATE essentially to be brought while attending the interview, failing which candidate will not be allowed to attend the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Only the candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the interview.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination.
- The candidates are required to submit the application at the time of interview in the format annexed along with the declaration.
- Candidates applying for S. No 1. SRF position: They may email a copy to Dr. K. Annapurna at [email protected] Format for Bio data and a brief note on how they can contribute to the present project (to be submitted on the day of interview) 1. Name with self-attested passport size photo, 2. Father’s name, 3. Date of birth, 4. Present and permanent address, contact telephone no. and email ID 5. Category: SC/ST/OBC/GEN, 6. Qualification details (Institute, year and marks in class 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation 7. Research experience with supporting documents, 8. Publications, if any 9. No Objection Certificate from Employer, if applicable 9. Any other additional information.
- Date of Interview – 09th June 2016
- Reporting Time – 09:30 AM
- Time of Interview – 10:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – Division of Microbiology, ICAR-Indian Agricultural research institute, New Delhi – 110012.