Attend the Walk-in for JRF Vacancy @ ICAR – Himalayan Forest Research Institute, Shimla
Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), an apex body in the national forestry research system, has been undertaking the holistic development of forestry research through need based planning, promoting, conducting and coordinating research, education and extension covering all aspects of forestry. The Council deals with the solution based forestry research in tune with the emerging issues in the sector, including global concerns such as climate change, conservation of biological diversity, combating desertification and sustainable management and development of resources. Topical research by the Council enhances public confidence in the ability of forest managers and researchers to successfully handle challenges related to natural resource management.
Title – Junior Research Fellow
No.Of. Posts – ONE
Project Title – “Biodiversity, Habitat Association and GIS mapping of Noctuid moths of Chirpine forest of Jammu Province (J&K) of India”
Principal Investigator – Dr. Pawan Kumar
Duration – 3 years (up to 31/03/2019)
Fellowships/Emoluments – Rs. 16,000/- + 10% HRA per month (fixed)
- Essential – MSc in Zoology/ Forestry/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences with one year research experience in the field of Entomology.
- Desirable – Experience in Forest Entomology
- Preference will be given to NET/GATE qualified candidates
- Candidates are requested to bring their CV ( giving details of Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Permanent and Current Address, Educational qualification from High School, Higher Secondary onwards with the Name of Institution/ Year of Passing/ Marks Obtained/ Medium of study and field experience, with one passport sized colour photograph affixed on it.)
- Candidates are requested to attach self-attested photocopies of all the testimonial along with the application.
- The original mark-sheets, certificates, experience certificates etc, are also required to be brought along with for verification on the day of interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
- Date of Interview – 24th May 2016
- Time of Interview – 10:30 a.m
- Venue of Interview – VC Room, Himalaya Forest Research Institute, Conifir Campus, Panthaghati, Shimla (HP)