Admission Notice for Madurai Kamaraj University
Academic Year 2016-2017
Madurai Kamaraj University, is on its relentless journey for the past 48 years surmounting hurdles of indigenous and exotic nature on its way and has passed through the tests of accreditation towards reaching the status of excellence. University is aware that the process of achieving excellence is continuous and therefore, all efforts are in progress to keep up the momentum.
- Sc. Genomics – (2 years)
- Sc. Microbial Gene Technology – (2 years)
- Sc. Biochemical Technology – (2 years)
- Sc. Marine Biology – (2 years)
A Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Life Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics or equivalent), Physical and Chemical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry), Medicine, Veterinary and Agriculture from any recognized Indian or Foreign University, with 55% marks or equivalent are eligible to apply. Students with B.Tech. Degrees in Biotechnology, Computer Science, Information Technology and Bioinformatics with Biology at +2 level are also eligible.
M.Sc. (Microbial Gene Technology) (M.Sc. (MGT))
A Bachelor’s degree in science courses where Biological Sciences – Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Microbial Technology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, and etc- is either a Major or an Ancillary subject. Students from professional courses such as MBBS., B.VSc., B.D.S, B.Pharm., B.Sc. (Agriculture) and related subjects from a recognized Indian or Foreign University are also eligible.
M.Sc. (Biochemical Technology) (M.Sc. (BCT))
A pass in B.Sc. degree in Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Genetics/Nutrition and Dietetics/ Microbiology/ Biology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry / Medical Laboratory Technology/Triple major with Biochemistry and allied subjects.
M.Sc. (Marine Biology)
Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Life Sciences- Biology/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Microbiology/ Bio-technology of a recognized Indian or Foreign University are eligible. Candidates should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the subject.
Procedure For Submitting Filled-In Application For Admission
Applicants who are willing to apply for more than one course should use separate application form for each course. Registration Fee for each course is Rs 600. The entries in the application form should be made by the applicant in their own hand writing legibly in ENGLISH only. Details of the xerox copies of the certificates to be enclosed along with the application form should be in English version and the same be furnished in the relevant column of the application.
Enclosures to be sent along with the filled-in application. The candidates have to submit xerox copies of the following certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer along with the application form. Original certificates should not be sent.
- SSLC, HSE mark statement
- G./P.G degree Marks statement / Grade certificates/ Provisional Certificate
- Community Certificate obtained from Tahsildar/ Deputy Tahsildar concerned. Otherwise it will not be taken into account.
- Income Certificate obtained 3 months prior to the date of advertisement (for SC/ST/Blind candidates only) from the competent issuing authority.
- Certificate of Physically Handicapped / Leprosy cured: Candidates who want them to be considered under the Physically Handicapped category should submit the certificate obtained from an authorized Medical Officer of the specialty concerned not below the rank of Civil Surgeon together with photograph showing the nature of handicap.
- Sports Certificate: Candidates who want them to be considered under the Sports category should produce a certificate obtained from the concerned University Physical Director in Form-I/II/III for having represented the State / Inter-University tournaments / athletics.
- Ex-servicemen Certificate: Certificates to be produced
- +2 marks statement (compulsory)
The candidates should fill-up the hall-ticket and NRI/sponsored certificate (if applicable) attached to the application and send along with the application.
Two self addressed, stamped envelopes, each for Rs.10/- should be enclosed.
A Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University, payable at Madurai towards registration fee as prescribed by the University should be enclosed. SC/ST candidates are exempted from the payment of Registration Fee for only one course. Demand Draft towards registration fee as prescribed by the University should be enclosed with each application. Registration fees, once paid, will not be refunded, adjusted or transferred under any circumstances.
Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant should be affixed; one on the column provided in the application form and the other in the Hall-Ticket. Filled-in application should be sent on or before the last date specified to
MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY
MADURAI – 625 021
Selection – Entrance Test
Applicants seeking admission for these courses are required to appear for the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Madurai Kamaraj University. The entrance test will be of objective type for a period of 100 minutes.
- New Delhi
The selection of candidate is based on the marks in the Entrance Test conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University and the short-listed candidates will be called for Seminar presentation and Interview conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University at Madurai for the following courses:
- Sc. Genomics
- Sc. Microbial Gene Technology
- Sc. Biochemical Technology
The selection of candidate is based on the marks in the Entrance Test conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University for the following courses:
- Sc. Marine Biology
Entrance Test Dates and Time:
7 May, 2016
10.00 a.m. to 11.40 a.m. – M.Sc. Genomics
12.20 p.m to 2.00 p.m – M.Sc. (B.C.T)
3.00 p.m. to 4.40 p.m – M.Sc. (M.G.T)
8 May, 2016
2.00 p.m. to 3.40 p.m. – M.Sc. Marine Biology
Last date for submitting filled-in application: 15 April, 2016
Date of Entrance Test: 7 and 8 May, 2016