International PhD Program – Fellowships for 2016 at The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST)
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) is a multidisciplinary research institute formed by the alliance of six top research centers in Barcelona.
About the PhD : Applications for the 2016 BIST International PhD Program are now open.We are looking for talented graduates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry.BIST offers an exciting international and collaborative scientific environment that includes a broad range of research disciplines and core facilities. In addition, it offers extensive scientific and technical courses, personal skills training opportunities, and career development advice.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Completion of studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree in Science or Engineering totaling 300 credits (ECTS), of which at least 60 must correspond to Master’s level or equivalent.
- An outstanding academic record.
- Previous research experience.
- Command of English.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to identify the research lines or fields that best fit their background and scientific career goals. More information about the research groups at the BIST centers can be found at:
ICIQ – Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia
ICN2 – Catalan Institute for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
IRB Barcelona – Institute for Research in Biomedicine
Last Date to Apply : 20.05.2016
How to Apply :
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a Selection Committee formed by scientists from the BIST centers.
A shortlist of selected candidates will be invited for interviews.
Offers of admission will be made to the successful candidates after the interview period.
Applicants who have not been successful but have received a positive evaluation will be kept on a BIST database to be considered for future fellowship opportunities.
The online application must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A scanned copy of the certified academic record
- A scanned copy of the First Certificate in English (FCE) or equivalent document
- The names and contact details from two university leactures or scientists with whom the applicant has worked. The system will automatically request a recommendation letter from them.
- Any additional files considered relevant to the application
- Further information regarding the BIST International PhD Fellowship Program, the application and the selection procedure is provided in the BIST PhD Fellowship Application Guidelines.