Lonza continues to leverage its core strengths in innovation, technology, and regulatory expertise while capturing cross-divisional synergies in manufacturing, research, and sales.
Job Title : Research Scientist
Job ID : 000005O2
- To provide technical support for Primary cell isolations, novel assay set up, development and validation for bio-service team in India and lead pre-clinical services for domestic / international clients.
- Independently plan, direct and execute laboratory research, critically analyze data and interpret results, maintaining complete and thorough documentation.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature and competitor products/services.Primary Role Responsibilities
- Assay development – Responsibilities will include providing technical input to new trends of assays, anticipate major trends of assays in demand by CRP service providers to pharma/consumer care clients, developing novel cell-based assays and executing them in high throughput screens using a variety of readout technologies.
- Isolation of primary cells from various tissues. Experience in developing 3D-models will be an added advantage.
- Assays with primary normal/ diseased human cells: To develop difficult functional assays with primary human normal/diseased cells. Efficacy and toxicity assays for consumer/personal care clients using primary cells.
- Routine screening assays: Experience with GPCR, calcium uptake, ATP, cAMP assays for pharma clients.
- Safety/Compliance: Work within safetyQuality Responsibility Maintenance of quality systems for the team by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
• Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
• Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
Study latest literature and analyses patents / inventions related to primary cell isolations, novel assays, work on bench and train technicians for assay development, screening and validation techniques, data analysis, report preparation, communication with the clients and sales / marketing team of Lonza.
• Candidate should have a M Sc or an equivalent degree in life science with >5 years of work experience in related industry.
• The successful candidate should have strong experience in primary cell isolation and assay development. Experience in developing 3D models is an added advantage.
• Experience with automation and high throughput screening is highly desirable.
• A desire to work independently, and in a project team environment, are both critical.
• This individual should understand GLP and GMP regulations. •
Working area is located in BSL II laboratory area, general laborartory and in an office with a computer
Location : HyderabadApply Online