Training in Plant Pathology Organized by IARI, New Delhi
Centre of Advance Faculty Training in
Monitoring and Forecasting of Plant Disease
Episemics Under Climate Change Scenario
About the training : Abnormal changes in air temperature and rainfall, increased intensity and frequency of storms, drought and flooding are currently concern to Indian
Objective : To facilitate quick learning on disease monitoring, forecasting and surveillance system with theory and hands-on involving field and laboratory experiments with analytical modeling and simulation.
Brief course content :
- Basics of plant disease modeling/forecasting: Orientation towards plant disease forecasting/modeling with knowledge in pathometry, laboratory observations and measurements, weather analysis and for their accurate measurements for simulation of epidemic.
- Development of monitoring systems: Deductive methods through laboratory and field experiments on epidemic development, observation, relevant data generation to develop forecasting systems, testing and appropriation.
- Development of forecasting systems: Inductive methods deal with experimentation, observation and data analysis and validation.
- Monitoring of timely inoculums: Combination of forecasting information and laboratory diagnostics.
- Simulation of plant disease epidemics for climate change impact assessment: Holistic view of the epidemic models linked to crop growth models for prediction of disease distribution and climate change impact assessment.
Note : The number of trainees selected would be limited to 20 (twenty) only. The selected candidates will be provided boarding and lodging in IARI Guest house(s) and TA/ DA will be paid as per ICAR norms.
s and Plant Breeding
in Plant Pathology/Horticulture/Genetic
- Exposure in plant disease epidemiology/modeling
Deadline : Application should be duly approved by competent authority of institute and reach to course leader positively by August 5, 2011.
Dr. Parimal Sinha,
Division of Plant Pathology,
IARI, New -110012
Tel: 011-25848418 Fax: 011-25848418
Deadline : 05.08.2011