"Conference on Informatics & Integrative Biology CIIB-2011" organized by Bose Institute, Kolkata
Conference on Informatics & Integrative Biology
December 14-16,2011, Bose Institute,
There is a paradigm shift in biological research to use computers, software tools and computational models in a large scale. Using informatics in interpreting biological data holds great importance and is presently emerging as a major element in contemporary biology and biomedical research.Centre (BIC) [http://www.boseinst.ernet.in/bic] of Bose Institute which was established with such a vision is approaching 25th year of its foundation since 1988 as a DIC. In 2004, it was recognized as a Centre of Excellence in by the Department of ( ), Government of India. To celebrate its past achievements and to set its vision for future, the department is organizing a National Conference entitled "Conference on Informatics & Integrative Biology (CIIB-2011)" to be held in during 14th-16th December 2011. This conference will provide a unique platform for scientists/experts from academia and industry nationwide to catalyze the networking between the branches of computational biology and and to facilitate the amalgamation of the complementary scientific efforts in the academia and industry to achieve common scientific goals. This three-day event will feature lectures from the leading academic/industry experts and poster sessions for budding researchers.
Scientific Topics :
- Data Mining & Sequence Analysis : Genomic & Proteomic analysis, biotools & algorithms for sequence analysis, gene prediction, Pattern recognition, regulatory elements in genomes etc.
- Structural : Protein Modeling, structural dynamics & simulations, cheminformatics, RNA structure
- Comparative Genomics & Evolutionary Biology : Homology searches, identification of disease genes, evolutionary
- Clinical & Medical Imaging : Human genetics & genome analysis, epidemiology, stem cells, RNAi, drug design, immunoinformatics, application of to disease biology medical imaging etc.
- Gene Expression & Transcriptomics : Microarray, gene regulation, comparative gene expression in disease & normal tissues
- Systems biology : Modeling of molecular networks, pathway analysis etc.
- Computational Epigenomics & Next-Gen Sequencing : ChiP-Seq, RNA-Seq, SOLiD System (company lecture on next-generation sequencing: to be confirmed)
Overview of Registration Fees:
- Early Bird Registration till : August 31, 2011
- Late Registration till : October 31, 2011
- Student with Accomodation : Rs 4000/- Without Accomodation :Rs 2500/-
- Faculty/Post doc/Others with Accomodation : Rs 6000/- Without Accomodation : Rs 3500/-
- Late Registration Fees : Rs 1000/-
Key Dates :
May 1, 2011 - Call for Abstracts & Registration Opens
October 15, 2011 - Abstract submission Close
Candidates informed by October 31, 2011
Late Registration until - October 31, 2011
Deadline : 15.10.2011