Research Scientist, Cell Biology : Cenix BioScience, Dresden, Germany | 22.07.2011
Now in its 12th year, Cenix BioScience is a mature, fully self-sufficient biotech company specializing in the use of RNAi gene silencing and miRNA modulation to advance therapeutic drug discovery in a wide range of disease areas. We carry out complex, highly customized contract research projects, including genome-scale target discovery screens, detailed target validation studies and drug mechanism of action analyses for both industry and academic partners. We also actively develop novel technologies to further refine and broaden experimental capabilities in this field. Having successfully completed numerous studies for such major clients as AstraZeneca, Bayer-Schering and Merck-Serono, we have assembled a highly multi-disciplinary and international team working within state-of-the-art facilities in Dresden, Germany, and in Flanders, Belgium.
We are now looking to fill the following position in Dresden with a highly skilled, highly motivated individual to help drive a new area of technology development, tackling the key challenge for improving the delivery of siRNAs in vivo:
You will :
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team, driving:
- rational design of novel siRNA delivery vehicles for in vivo and in vitro uses;
- literature mining to identify novel candidate components for such vehicles;
- cell-based testing of such novel vehicles;
- coordination of internal and external efforts toward the synthesis of such novel vehicles;
- Report internally to top management and externally with partners and clients in written formats and oral presentations.
But first, you need:
- plus >3 yrs of post-doctoral research experience in molecular of endocytic & secretory pathways, with in-depth knowledge on intracellular sorting of membranous organelles;
- Proficient understanding of following areas is strongly preferred:
- siRNA-based experimentation in cultured cells;
- Molecular analyses of gene expression at mRNA (qRT- , ViewRNA…) and levels (immunofluorescence, …);
- Project management experience with multidisciplinary teams working on complex R&D projects, preferably in industry context;
- Strong experience with drafting applications for patent protection on novel biotech inventions in the above space is an advantage.
Cenix offers competitive salaries in a dynamic, informal and very team-oriented working environment that prides itself on a professional, results-focused work ethic. Our company working language is English, and so, all staff must be completely fluent. If you are interested, please email or send a complete C.V. in English, with 2 references or alternatively, referee contact details, quoting the above position code to:
Cenix BioScience GmbH
01307 Dresden, Germany
Tel: +49 (351) 4173 128
Deadline : 22.07.2011