Official Notification: DBT JRF 2011 | Dates Announced | Apply Online
Government of India
Ministry of Science & Technology Department of ,
(Coordinated by University of Pune)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the award of -Junior Research Fellowship (DBTJRF) for pursuing research in frontier areas of and Applied Biology. JRFs will be selected according to merit under two categories: Category A and B.
- Category A fellowship (Top 100 in number) are tenable in any University/Institute in India where the students can register for Ph.D.
- Category B fellowships (150 in number) are tenable exclusively at the 70 -Supported Teaching University/Institute running -supported masters Programme, and 10 Institute, where the students can register for Ph.D.
For further details please visit http://oasis.mkcl.org/bet/.
- Those who have passed after Jan.1, 2010 or will appear (till August, 2011) for Masters in and ( ./ ./M.V.Sc.) Molecular Human Genetics offered at BHU, and Jiwaji University and Neuroscience offered at Jiwaji University, NBRC and TIFR, and . (4year course) recognized by UGC/AICTE are eligible for this award.
- The applicants should be below the age of 28 years, and 33 years in case of reserved categories, and women candidates.
- Candidates with 60% (55% for reserved categories) of the total marks (equivalent in grade) are eligible.
DETAILS OF THE AWARD
- The fellowship will be initially for a period of 3 years extendable for 2 more years based on performance. By the end of 2ndyear the performance of will be assessed and will be upgraded to SRF.
- The fellowship as / SRF will be @ `. 16, 000/- / 18000/- per month + HRA as per host Institute norms, and a research contingency of `.30,000/- per year.
MODE OF SELECTION
The candidates will be selected based on a written admission test, 17th April, 2011 at ten different centres, namely,Eligibility Test (BET) to be conducted on
- Anna University (Chennai I & II),
- Assam Agricultural University (Jorhat),
- Central University (Hyderabad),
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya (New ),
- Bidhan Chandra Vidyalaya Sr.Sec School (New ),
- Gyan Mandir Public School (New ),
- Nava Hind Girls Sr. Sec School (New ),
- University of Pune (Pune), and
- West Bengal University of Technology ( ).
Candidates, only belonging to SC/ST/Physically challenged, called for BET will be paid II class railway (non-AC)/bus fare by the shortest route from their home town, on production of supportive documents of competent authority.
Note: The examination centres are tentative, and will be confirmed later.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates should apply in the prescribed application form obtainable online at the URL http://oasis.mkcl.org/bet online. The last date for submission of online application form is 10 March, 2011.
Stepwise procedure for filling the online application form and its submission is given in the above said URL.
The completed application form along with the required documents and application fee in the form of a DD of Rs500/- (Rs250/- for SC/ST/PH categories) in favour of MKCL, payable at Pune, drawn on any nationalized bank, should reach the following address on or before 15 March, 2011.
Technology Private Limited
I‐Space 1st Floor, B‐ Wing,
1 A, S. No/ 51, Village Bavdhan Khurd,
Near Mahindra First Choice Showroom,
Note: The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.