Workshop on Bioinformatics : Tools, Techniques and Applications organized by University of Lucknow
February 11-12, 2012
University of Lucknow
The Infrastructure Facility (BIF) Centre, under the Information System Network (BTIS) program (funded by Department of ( ), Ministry of Science & Technology) & Center of Excellence in (Funded by Department of Higher Education, Government of U.P.) at the Department of , University of Lucknow, are well equipped with various hardwares & softwares, (Servers for Database Application, Desktop Machines, and high speed Internet Connection, Exome Horizon, MATLAB, Discovery Studio, DNA STAR etc.). One thrust area of these centers are to popularize the application of by organizing training programs and conducting Seminars/Workshops for Teachers/Scientists/ Research Scholars/ Students, which is being conducted on a regular basis. In addition, centers are actively involved in conducting research on Computational Biology, Molecular Modeling, Database Development, Comparative Genomics and Proteomics, Biological data acquisition, creation and development of programmes and databases needed by the users.
OBJECTIVE - The objective of training program is to give exposure to the participants of concepts, skills and tools ofand to provide hands on training on various approaches for analyzing DNA, RNA & protein sequences, structure prediction, etc.
About Workshop :
- Date : February 11 & 12, 2012
- Duration : 2 days
- Subject of area : Computational Biology
- Methodology : Lectures, Demos, Hands on session.
- Level of participants : Faculty, Research Scholars and Students from College, Universities and research organizations.
- Prerequisites : Minimum skill in operation of computer.
- No. of participants : 30
- Registration fee From India : Rs 1500/- (Without Accommodation)
- Accommodations : Limited boarding facility can be made available in the University guest house/hostels on first come first serve basis. Extra boarding fee will be charged separately.
Important Dates :
- Registration Begins : January 6, 2012
- Registration Closed : February 6, 2012
- Workshop Dates : February 11-12, 2012
Prof. U.N. Dwivedi
Centre of Excellence in
University of Lucknow,
Deadline : 06.02.2012