Opening for the post of Research Scientist in IISER Kolkata
NDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH ( IISER ) - KOLKATA was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. IISER - K is designed to reach the prestigious position in the global setting that IISc, IIMs and IITs presently enjoy. IISER - K is an autonomous institution awarding its own degrees. The central theme of the IISER - K is to integrate education with research so that undergraduate teaching as well as doctoral and postdoctoral research work could be carried out in symbiosis.
Apply for the follwoing post:
- Post: Research Scientist
- Ph.D. in Marine Science/Marine Biology/Zoology or candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis in Marine Science/Marine Biology/Zoology can also apply.
- Knowledge in benthic taxonomy is a prerequisite for the above position.
- The candidate should have prior field work experience during his/her PhD research.
- The study involves rigorous field sampling for collection of sediments across the Chilika lagoon and subsequent processing and analyzing of benthic fauna present in the collected sediments based on taxonomic approaches including confocal and SEM imaging.
- The selected scientist will also analyze major biogeochemical parameters from the study area to investigate how these parameters shape the benthic faunal assemblages.
- Emoluments: Rs 28,000 per month (consolidated).