Admissions open for Patent Agent Exam - 2014 Training Course at IPAI, New Delhi
PROFESSION TRAINING PROGRAMME IN PATENT LAW & DRAFTING
Institute of Patent Attorneys, India (IPAI) is a unit of “INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RESEARCH INSTITUTE (IPRI), NEW” and is providing professional training in Intellectual Property Rights for candidates to appear for Patent Agents Examination, conducted by Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Govt. of India) through Patent Offices and obtaining qualifications necessary to practice as a Patent Agent/Patent Attorney under the Patent Act and Rules.
CAREER PROSPECTS & PLACEMENT SERVICES.
Institute of Patent Attorneys Shall provides Placement assistance those who successfully cleared the Patent Agent Examination Conducted by the Controller of Patents. Patent Agents/Attorneys have ample number of job opportunities in Intellectual Property Law Firms, KPO/LPO, as well as Corporate Organizations. They can choose channels like in-house Advisors for different organizations or start their own Attorney’s Firms and Consultancy Services.
1. REGULAR PROGRAMME AT IPAI, NEW.
- ELIGIBILITY: - Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology. [Junior Lawyers, Law Graduates, Patent Agents, Scientists can also join for practical training in Patent Drafting and Prior Art Search.]
- Admission: - Immediate (Admission open up to 30th July, 2014.)Only 20 Seats are available, admission on the basis of first come first.
- Duration: One Month, 1stAugust to 30th August, 2014 (10. AM to 5.PM)
- Hostel Fee:- Rs.7, 500/-(Rupees Seven thousand Five hundred only)
1. Introduction to Intellectual Property rights.
- It covers all aspects of intellectual property rights i.e. Patents,
- Trademarks, Geographical Indications, Industrial Designs and Copyright.
2. The Patent Law
- It covers explanation and understanding of The Patents Act, 1970 and Rules with
- special emphasis on Paper I of the Patent Agent Examination.
3. Patent Specification Drafting.
- It covers all the practical and technical aspects of drafting of a Patent
- Specification and other documents with special emphasis on Paper II of the Patent Agent Examination
4. Prior Art Search (WIPO, USPTO & EPO)
- High Speed Wi Fi is available; students are advised to bring their laptops.
2. CORRESPONDENCE PROGRAMME
- Duration: 1st August to 30th December, 2014
14 Modules of Printed materials will be sending by courier/speed post immediately after joining the course. (Study materials shall cover the entire syllabus.)
Second Stage: Assignment
Class Room Training:- 30 hours Class Room Training (5 Days) shall be conducted at IPAI, New. Video of class room Training (DVD) will be provided for out station students and can clear their doubts through Skype.
The Last date for submitting the application: