Applications are invited from Indian Nationals to work as a Project Fellow at IISER, Mohali
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals to work as a Project Fellow in atmospheric analytical chemistry at IISER Mohali.
Title : Plant chamber studies of volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from Indian plant species using proton transfer reaction mass spectrometry
- Project description : The project involves both building a plant chamber for screening of VOC emissions and doing field work involving analytical techniques like mass spectrometry and near dispersive infra red spectroscopy.
- Duration of project : The position is initially for 6 months which could be extended on yearly basis, subject to satisfactory performance up to 2014. Project start date can be decided on mutual convenience but should be no later than 15.07.2012
- Emoluments : As per Department of Science and Technology Rules.
- Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. in Botany with excellent academic record. Good programming skills, experience in handling large datasets, field work experience and training in gas chromatography / mass spectrometry are desirable.
- Desirable : Candidates should have preferably have a valid GATE or CSIR/UGC (JRF/NET) qualification.