2 PhD positions: Bio-/chemical analysis and applications of immunosuppressant circular peptides from plants : Vienna, Austria
We are looking for two PhD candidates with a strong interest in bioactive peptides, peptidomics, immunology and molecular signal transduction. Our group focuses on the biochemical and pharmacological analysis and application of circular plant peptides.
- The positions are available immediately in the group of Assistant Professor Christian Gruber at the Center for Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna. We offer you an FWF-funded position and the possibility to conduct research at the cutting-edge of immunology, peptide science and applied pharmacology in an interdisciplinary and excellent scientific environment.
- Students will be enrolled in the PhD program “Molecular Signal Transduction” and are required to have a Diploma or a Masters’ Degree in medicine, biochemistry, biology or any related subject.
- Salary is paid according to the FWF scheme.
Candidates should have a strong interest in bioactive peptides with a background and basic skills either in
1) peptide analysis (HPLC, mass spectrometry),
2) peptide chemistry (peptide design and synthesis) and cell culture (cytotoxic-, anti-proliferative assays) or
3) immunology (cell culture/animal work) and molecular signal transduction (western blotting, FACS, ELISA).