Opening for Postdoctoral Scientist @ German Cancer Research Center
More than 450,000 people are diagnosed with cancer each year in Germany. Cancer is a disease that poses enormous challenges to research, because every cancer is different and its course can vary immensely even from one patient to the next. To perform research into cancer is the task of the German Cancer Research Center (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, DKFZ) according to its statutes. DKFZ is the largest biomedical research institute in Germany and a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers. In over 70 divisions and research groups, our more than 2,500 employees, of which more than 1,000 are scientists, are investigating the mechanisms of cancer, are identifying cancer risk factors and are trying to find strategies to prevent people from getting cancer.They are developing novel approaches to make tumor diagnosis more precise and treatment of cancer patients more successful.
Department : Vascular Oncology and Metastasis
Name : Postdoctoral Scientist
Your tasks :
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease are leading causes of death and disability in developed nations.
- The biological roles of the lymphatic vascular network, which Considered distinct from those of the blood vasculature.
- However, recent findings Provide strong evidence of direct correlations between lymphatic vessel function and obesity, arterial wall inflammation, atherosclerosis, and thrombosis.
- We aim at unraveling the role of the lymphatic vasculature in obesity and associated in-flammation.
- We will use genetic mouse models to identify the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying obesity and inflammation.