Apply for Research Technician position at Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook University Medical Center is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments.
- Name of the Post : Research Technician
- Job Number: 1104379
- Reference Number: WC-R-7388-12-07-S
- Department: Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Salary: $26,000 - $31,000
- Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
- Required Qualifications: Education in a specific field directly related to research or program. One year full time research experience in biology/chemistry laboratory. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications: BS in Biology or related discipline. Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCF, SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
Brief Description of Duties: The Research Technician will support a research laboratory through the maintenance of lab media, reagents and glassware. The job will require keeping track of purchases and record keeping. Additionally, the opportunity will be available to participate in a supervised research project.
- Media preparation.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Order supplies and record keeping.
- Molecular biology techniques including PCF, SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- Protein Biochemistry techniques.
- Lab equipment maintenance.