Official CSIR Notification for June 2016 | Last Date to Apply - 01.03.2016 !
COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT GROUP, EXAMINATION UNIT
CSIR COMPLEX, LIBRARY AVENUE, PUSA, NEW DELHI-110012.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET)
Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Lectureship
Tentatively on 19th June, 2016
Advertisement No.10-2(5)/2016(i) - E.U.II
TENTATIVE DATE OF SINGLE MCQ EXAMINATION : 19.06.2016
DATE OF START OF ONLINE SUBMISSION : 05.02.2016
DATE OF CLOSE OF DEPOSIT OF FEE (ALL STATION) : 29.02.2016
DATE OF CLOSE OF ONLINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION (ALL STATION) : 01.03.2016
CSIR will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test Tentatively on Sunday 19th June, 2016 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
1.1 A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ OR for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test, subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only. Candidates with M.Sc. qualification OR under M.Sc. Result Awaited (RA) category shall be eligible for LS subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
1.2 Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF - NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme and Lectureship will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
1.3 The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of Sept/Oct, 2016 and fellowship to successful candidates will be effective from 1st January, 2017 with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under CSIR Scheme.
2.1 SUBJECTS OF THE TEST
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
1. Chemical Sciences
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences
NOTE: Engineering Sciences has been discontinued from December, 2015 NET.
2.2 EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and 50% for SC/ST, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on 01.03.2016, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two