M S University, Baroda announces for admission notification for Doctor of Philosophy (PET)
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda announces Entrance Examination for eligibility for admission to Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PET) on Sunday, the 11th day of March 2012 during 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at General Education Building, Opp. D. N. Hall Cricket Ground, Pratapgunj, Vadodara.
Conditions of eligibility : The candidates holding recognized Master’s degree or recognized equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 50% of marks or equivalent grades are eligible to apply for this examination. The candidates who have appeared at the qualifying Master Degree (Final year) examination and whose result is still awaited may also apply for this examination. However, such candidates shall be issued certificate of passing Ph.D. entrance examination and considered eligible for admission to Doctor of Philosophy program only after they produce passing certificate of their Master’s Degree with 50% of marks or equivalent grades. In case they do not pass their Master’s Degree with 50% of marks or equivalent grades, their result of Ph.D. entrance examination shall automatically stand cancelled. The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Socially and Economically Backward Class (SEBC) should attach attested copy of necessary certificates with the application form. Medium of examination will be in English only.
Exemption : The candidates who have qualified in National/State level competitive examination such as UGC-/ NET/ SLET /GATE/ /ICMR/GA/ are exempted from appearing in University Entrance examination for eligibility of admission to Ph.D.
Examination Fee and Mode of Payment : The fee of Rs 550/- should be paid in cash or by DD in favour of “The Registrar, The M. S. University of Baroda,” payable at Vadodara in the Examination Section (Room Number 205) on or before Friday, the 24th day of February 2012 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on all working days. FEE ONCE PAID SHALL NOT BE REFUNDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.
Scheme and Syllabus : Syllabus of the examination is enclosed with the application form. There shall be one question paper of 100 marks containing objective type of multiple-choice questions. Negative marking at the rate of 25% for each wrong answer is introduced in the examination.
General Instructions :
1. The application form can be downloaded from the University website www.msubaroda.ac.in.
2. The duly filled in application form should be submitted “In person” on or before Friday, the 24th day of February 2012 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on all working days at the Examination Section (Room Number 205), University Office, along with fees of ` 550/- paid in cash or by DD drawn in favour of “The Registrar, The M. S. University of Baroda,” payable at Vadodara.
3. The applicants intend to submit application forms by “Post” should submit the duly filled in application form in an envelope super scribed as “APPLICATION FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ELIGIBILITY OF ADMISSION TO PH.D (PET)” and mail to “The Deputy Registrar (Exams), The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Opp. Drugs Laboratory, Fatehgunj, Vadodara 390 002, GUJARAT, INDIA” along with DD of ` 550/- drawn in favour of “The Registrar, The M. S. University of Baroda,” payable at Vadodara, so that the filled in Application form must reach on or before Friday, the 24th day of February 2012. Candidates applying through Post must attach self addressed stamped envelope (of ` 10) along with filled in application form for receiving the admit card by post. POSTAL DELAY SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
4. Candidates must affix their recent passport size photograph at places indicated in the Application form, Admit card and Attendance sheet.
5. Candidates must read the conditions of eligibility before submitting application form.
6. Applications received after the last date shall be rejected.
7. No TA/DA shall be admissible to the candidates.
8. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
9. Use of calculators/log tables/cell phones/pagers etc. are prohibited.
10. Candidate should bring their proof of photo-identity at the time of examination.
11. The decision of Vice-Chancellor shall be final in all the matters.
Deadline : 24.02.12