Call for Indian PhD candidates as German-Indian DAAD higher education, Germany
Call For Indian Students Interested inPosition at Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics and University of Freiburg, Germany
International Max Planck Research School for Molecular and Cellular Biology (IMPRS-MCB) Invites excellent Indian Master students/graduates of Biology, Medicine or related disciplines to use a unique chance to personally express their interest in IMPRS-MCBprogramme to our coordinator in the following cities:
- New : 19 February 2012
- Hyderabad : 22 February 2012
- Chennai : 26 February 2012
As a part of the German-Indian DAAD higher education tour, the coordinator of IMPRS-MCB is coming to India to pre-interview the best http://www.daad.de/academic-matchmaker/registration/prospect/ * and apply for an interview with us. We aim to identify the best Indian students whom we would invite to the programme’s application round in spring.candidates who are wishing to apply to our graduate programme in spring 2012. If you are interested in this unique chance to talk to our representative in person and convince us that you are one of the best Indian students for our programme, please register at the DAAD web page *
APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
Please have your CV, letter of motivation, degree and transcript certificates in pdf format ready. You must enter the names and contact details of 2 referees (your project supervisors) in your CV. We will contact your referees if we are interested in your application – please inform them about this possibility. It is also very important that you register as soon as possible, ideally before 7th February, allowing enough time for us to contact your referees. From all applicants we will select the best ones (based on application and the information received from referees) and we will arrange to meet them in one of the three cities we come to. Please apply only if you can make the trip to the aforementioned cities on the specified dates.
We will consider only applications that fulfil the following requirements:
a. MSc, MRes, Diploma or an equivalent degree in biology, biomedicine, chemistry or related science, to be obtained latest in summer 2012
b. Minimum 12 months of practical experience in the lab, working independently on scientific projects (includes internships, final Master’s and Bachelor’s thesis work)
c. Excellent English language skills and aptitude to work in a dynamic international team
WHO WE ARE : The IMPRS-MCB programme is the joint graduate programme of the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics and the University of Freiburg. Our research focuses on basic scientific questions in the areas of Immunology, Epigenetics,, , Proteomics and
IMPRS-MCB programme offers you :
1. The possibility to work on exciting problems of basic molecular and cellular biology relevant to the fields of immunology, epigenetics, or proteomics. For a full list of faculty members and details on their research please visit our web page.
2. Intensive practical and theoretical scientific education and complementary skills courses
3. A full stipend for the duration of the (3-4 years)
4. Rotation in 3 laboratories before the start of the project
5. State-of-the-art equipment and first-class services ( , proteomics, cell sorting, microscopy, deep sequencing, animal and transgenic facilities)
6. A vibrant international research community – official language is English
7. Our scientists are publishing in high impact factor journals and are internationally renowned experts in their fields.
8. You will have a chance to regularly meet international speakers at the institutes and at conferences.
More information about the programme and our research can be found on our web page. : http://www.imprs-mcb.mpg.de
Deadline : 17.02.12