Postdoctoral position in the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance project at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. Traditionally, teaching has been segregated from research in undergraduate science curricula in our country. IISERs were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoralposition in the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance sponsored project entitled “Genetic analysis of crossover assurance mechanisms facilitating meiotic chromosome segregation”.
- No. of positions: 1
- Qualifications : PhD degree in Life Sciences.
- Experience : Relevant research experience in the area of Protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques. Applicant should be skilled in Recombinant protein expression in eukaryotic systems (insect cell lines, yeast etc). Experimental skills in various chromatographic techniques and Protein-Protein, Protein-DNA interaction assays is essential. Applicants should have at least three peer reviewed publications supporting the requisite research experience.
- Age limit : 35 yrs or below. A relaxation of 5 yrs will be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and women candidates.
- Salary : Rs. 40,000/month consolidated
- Duration : Initial appointment for one year (extendable for additional two years based on performance)
How to apply : To apply for the position, please send a CV with list of publications, research statement and names of at least three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D thesis may also apply.Please see the URL http://iisertvm.ac.in/~nishantkt for more information on the group and its research activities.