Post Doctoral Scientist Position open at German Cancer Research Centre
The German Cancer Research Center is a national cancer research center based in Heidelberg, Germany. It is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, the largest scientific organization in Germany. The Center is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the State of Baden-Württemberg.
- Department: Vascular Oncology and Metastasis
- Name of the Position: Postdoctoral Scientist
- Code: 138/2012
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease are leading causes of death and disability in developed nations. The biological roles of the lymphatic vascular network, which Considered distinct from those of the blood vasculature.
- However, recent findings Provide strong evidence of direct correlations between lymphatic vessel function and obesity, arterial wall inflammation, atherosclerosis, and thrombosis. We aim at unraveling the role of the lymphatic vasculature in obesity and associated in-flammation.
- We will use genetic mouse models to identify the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying obesity and inflammation.
- The successful candidate will have solid conceptual training and expertise in the field of vascular biology. Solid hands-on experience in cell and molecular biology will be essential.
- Experience in in vivo mouse models in genetic methodology is desirable.
- The candidate holds a PhD degree or equivalent and is able to pursue independent research. Although the initial appointment will be for a two year postdoctoral period, the position has career development with potential for extension up to six years.
- Thus, just having completed their PhD candidates are invited to apply Training as much as more experienced postdoctoral scientists.