Opening for PhDs for RnD position @ DuPont
For more than 200 years, DuPont has brought world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace through innovative products, materials and services. Our market-driven innovation introduces thousands of new products and patent applications every year, serving markets as diverse as agriculture, nutrition, electronics and communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel.
Today, DuPont is proud to build on this heritage by partnering with others to tackle the unprecedented challenges in food, energy and protection now facing our world. With global population expected to approach nine billion by 2050, DuPont is working with customers, governments, NGOs and thought leaders to discover solutions to today’s toughest challenges.
Job Description :
Rice Insect Control Trait Lead / Ag Biotech Research - Trait Characterization & Development / DKC / Hyderabad / India.
- This position will provide technical and operational leadership for rice insect control trait development efforts in the Trait Characterization and Development group at the DuPont Knowledge Center.
- Specific accountability will be for managing the throughput of the rice insect control trait pipeline through Stages C and D of the Stage and Gateways System.
- This responsibility encompasses production transformation through Gateway 4 advancements while working in an interactive cross-disciplinary team environment.
- The position will also provide operational oversight for general greenhouse operations, including plant health and early trait characterization activities.
- Provide cross functional leadership and operational oversight for Stage C and D rice insect control trait development activities at the DuPont Knowledge Center.
- Oversight for general Greenhouse operations including management of greenhouse-based event characterization and advancement activities.
- Provide alignment with internal partners to facilitate smooth and timely flow of materials and information through the pipeline and effectively communicate pipeline status to leadership.
- Act as a mentor to TCD staff in reporting line and monitor working practices to insure alignment alignment with Core Values.
- Evaluates issues, variables and options effecting trait project progress and arrives at tactical and operational decisions to achieve timely outcomes.
- Works with functional management and program leadership to provide input into project planning resource issues and provide technical knowledge as appropriate.
- Critically evaluates greenhouse resource allocation needs to balance competing requirements of trait program so all program goals are met.
- Provides recommendations and takes personal accountability for meeting project timeline and staff development commitments.