Multiple vacancies in Project Posts at National Institute of Biomedical Genomics
The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) has been established as an autonomous institution by the Government of India, under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology. This is the first institution in India explicitly devoted to research, training, translation & service and capacity-building in biomedical genomics.
Applications are invited for the position of Project Linked Persons for externally funded projects to be executed by the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani. Each selected applicant will be appointed for a period of one year. The tenure of appointment may be extended depending on performance and availability of funds.
Project No. 1:
- Post:Project Assistant Level II
- M.Sc. in Human Genetics, Genetics,Biotechnology,Molecular Biology,Biochemistry, Zoology or a similar discipline.
- Experience:Experience in carrying out analysis of DNA/RNA samples;Laboratory experience of PCR, cloning & expression of gene.
- Emoluments:8,000/-fixed per month
- Collection and processing of biospecimens, Conduct of molecular genetics experiments; DNA, RNA, protein analysis, handling bacterial and animal cell cultures.
Project No. 2:
- Post: Data Analyst
- MSc or equivalent in bioinformatics/related discipline with proficiency in programming in C/C++, Linux, Perl.
- Experience:Knowledge of standard programming languages, handling of
- software packages and databases, experience in handling DNA sequence/geno typing data
- Emoluments:18000-25000/- fixed per month
- QA/QC and analysis of raw sequence and genotyping data generated by the second generation flow cell sequencing platforms, programming , design and operation of second generation flow cell sequencing data analysis pipelines.