M.Sc can apply for 8 Doctoral student positions are available at Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology
The Institute of Clinical
Applications are invited from highly motivated Master graduates in , , , biology, .
8 doctoral student positions starting on October 1st, 2012, for a fixed term of 3 years.
- The DFG Research Training Group Genes, Environment and Inflammation is involved in cutting-edge research of the environmental impact on pathophysiological processes of complex chronic inflammatory diseases.
- The interrelations between environment and genetics have still not been well understood. More indepth knowledge on trigger mechanisms and interdependencies between environmental and genetic factors is urgently needed to push inflammation research forward. Our results will help to define novel pathophysiological trigger factors and aid the development of innovative therapeutic approaches.
- As a doctoral student of the DFG Research Training Group,
- you will be integrated into the Cluster of Excellence Inflammation at Interfaces, whose second funding period has just been granted and which brings together eminent scientists and clinicians from multiple disciplines.
- You will work in close cooperation with scientists and clinicians of various institutes at both Kiel and Lübeck Universities and find an exceptional research infrastructure that allows the latest state-of-the-art research; the Training Group is embedded into the new technology center ZMB (http://www.zmb.uni-kiel.de/) that hosts several high-throughput platforms including Next Generation Sequencing and High Performance Computing.
- The excellent networking between institutes, clinicians, scientists will open up new vistas for your research.
- The surroundings of Kiel and Lübeck – both located directly at the Baltic Sea – offer a bundle of opportunities for water sports and other recreational activities after intense research.
- Participation in scientific meetings and retreats, research visits abroad, soft skill courses and tutorials, will complement your training at the DFG Research Training Group. The salary for each position will be 65% of a full position on TV-L 13.
To apply, please email your application (motivation letter, CV, academic certificates) with contact details of two academic referees to email@example.com until August 12th, 2012. In your letter please also state the two subprojects which would interest you the most.
- The eight subprojects and principal investigators are listed under http://www.ikmb.uni-kiel.de/cms/en/teaching/research-training-group/ .
- Women are explicitly invited to apply. Handicapped applicants will be considered with preference in case of equal qualification.
Last Date : 12-08-2012