Apply for Research Associate Scientist post at Biological Sciences Dept. Columbia University
The Department ofat Columbia University in the city of New York is seeking applicants for an Associate Research Scientist position from 10/01/2012. The incumbent will develop and implement computational and data management methods for analyzing and integrating of a wide variety of scientific data sources. The incumbent's main responsibility will be to develop and implement customized data-driven exploratory analyses and predictive models for large amounts of biological assay data and integrate such data within a centralized database. Other duties include, developing bioinformatic tools and custom algorithms, integrating historical chemical and human sensory data with biological assay data to determine the suitability for modeling, applying various statistical methods to raw data analysis and performing multivariate modeling and analyses, including Cluster, Principle Components Analysis (PCA), and Multivariate Analysis of Variance (MANOVA), logical and physical database design and database maintenance, conceptualizing, developing, and implementing informatics tools that meet individual project needs in the laboratory.
- Requisition Number: 0003197
- Field of Specialization: Biophysical Chemistry
- Position Title: Associate Research Scientist
- Department: 4041- A&S
- Department Number: 4041102
- Location: Morningside
- Required Qualification: Ph.D.
- All applicants MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered for the position. Candidates are expected to have the and to have established an ability to do biological research.
- The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in , , computational biology or related discipline and at least 1-2 years of post-doctoral experience in computational biology, with demonstrated ability to analyze complex data sets and apply computational solutions to solving biological problems.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS, Matlab, and External Data Loading Tools are must. Minimum 1-2 years computer programming (e.g. Java, C++, Perl, Shell) and database management (e.g. SQL, Oracle) experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Only CV and Cover Letter is required for this posting. Other documents (reference letters + writing samples/publications) are optional.
Required Applicant Documents for Upload: Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter
Last Date to Apply: 24-08-2012