Vacancy for: Asst Director @ AICTE on Deputation Basis
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was established by an Act of Parliament (No. 52 of 1987) with a view to provide proper planning and coordinated development of the technical education system throughout the country, the promotion of qualitative improvements of such education in relation to planned quantitative growth and the regulation and proper maintenance of norms and standards in the technical education system and for matters connect
ed therewith. The Council is a Statutory Body of Government of India and is with its headquarters at 7th Floor of Chanderlok Building, Janpath, New -110001 and Regional Offices at eight States (Bhopal, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kanpur, , Hyderabad, Mumbai and camp offices at Guwahati, Kerala and Vadodara.
Applications are invited from well qualified and experienced employees of Central or State Governments or Universities or Institutions of Higher Education or Autonomous Bodies, for appointment to the following posts on DEPUTATION BASIS initially for the period of one year, extendable for further period of three years’ on year to year basis:
Name of the post/Pay Band: Assistant Director PB- 3 Rs. 15600- 39100 +GP Rs. 6600/-
Educational Qualifications and Experience prescribed for the post:
- Officers from the Central or State Governments or Universities or Institutions of Higher Education or Autonomous Bodies;
- holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department, OR
- with four years service in the grade rendered after appointment there to on a regular basis in the pre-revised scale of Rs. 8000-13500 [PB-2 of 9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- revised]
- in the parent cadre/ department;AND
- Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:
- Master Degree in any of the subjects of Science or Mathematics or Computer Application or Management including
- Behavioral Science, Commerce and Business Economics or Economics or
- Pharmacy or Engineering and Technology or Architecture and Town Planning from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Four years professional experience at supervisory level in an organization; or four years experience in Teaching/Research,
- Educational Planning or Administration or in Legal matters in Central
- State Government or University or other Institutions of Higher
- Education or Autonomous Bodies set up by the Government.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Number of posts is tentative, may vary and Council reserves the right to increase or decrease number of posts and may or may not fill any post(s).
- The prescribed qualifications are the minimum and mere possession and fulfillment of the
- essential and desirable qualifications for a post does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview/ test.
- Application must be neatly typewritten on A-4 size paper in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I).
- The proforma can ALSO be downloaded through the website www.aicte-india.org.
- One recent passport size photograph should be pasted on the top right hand corner of the application and be signed by self across.
- A candidate has to submit separate applications, if he/she desires to apply for more than one post.
- The candidates short -listed for interview/ test will be informed by post. The Council will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Original certificates should be produced only at the time of interview/test.
- However, attested photocopies of testimonials may also be attached with the application in support of their educational qualifications and experience etc.
- Candidates may send an advance copy of application. However, advance application shall be entertained only when application through proper channel (Forwarding Authority) is received