Ph.D. admissions in Biotechnology, August 2012 : IIT, Hyderabad
Department of Biotechnology
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Ordnance Factory Estate
Yeddumailaram, Medak, AP 502205
Ph.D. admissions in Biotechnology, August 2012
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and highly motivated students willing to pursue research at Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in the following thrust areas in the department of Biotechnology:
Research Areas : Faculty
1. DNA Repair : Dr. Anindya Roy
2. Protein Engineering / Retrovirology : Dr. N K Raghavendra
3* Biomolecular structure & Dynamics (Computational & NMR) : Dr. Thenmalarchelvi Rathinavelan
1. M.Tech degree or equivalent in any allied area of Life Sciences / Biotechnology.
2. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree (MSc) in any allied area of Life Sciences/Biotechnology with exceptional academic record and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply. For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination, the marks obtained upto the 7th semester for BTech students and 3rd semester for MSc students may be considered.
3. Candidates with CSIR-NET-JRF / UGC-NET-JRF/ DBT-JRF award or any other equivalent national level qualification for research fellowship (eg. DST-INSPIRE fellowship) are particularly encouraged to apply.
4. The minimum essential qualifying marks for admission are: 65% in bachelors and masters degrees for General candidates; at least 60% in bachelors and masters with either of the two being 65% or above for OBC; and at least 60% in both for SC/ST candidates.
5. For specialization 3*, candidates with MSc Physics with valid GATE score or national level JRF award are also elligible to apply.