National recruitment under CGIAR Research Program 3.6 ‘Dryland Cereals’ at ICRISAT
ICRISAT is seeking an innovative, dynamic and creative Program Director who is a strong believer in partnerships to lead and manage the CGIAR Research Program on Dryland Cereals.
The Position : The CRP Program Director will report to the Director General, ICRISAT/Chair of the CRP 3.6 Steering Committee, and will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, near Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. The position is for an initial three-year period with the opportunity for renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Develop a clear and shared vision for CRP 3.6 among all partners and stakeholders and communicate this vision to all stakeholders.
2. Provide intellectual leadership to, and coordinate implementation of, the CRP.
3. Develop strong partnerships among participating centers, partners and other stakeholders.
4. Represent the CRP in international for a to ensure that the Dryland Cereals program is highly visible and strongly supported by investors and other stakeholders.
5. Guide fundraising efforts for the DRYLAND CEREALS CRP together with the Centers and other partners.
6. Ensure that the CRP has well developed and articulated gender and capacity strengthening strategies, defined work plans, clear deliverables, and that the CRP meets its programmatic and financial targets.
The Person :
1. Demonstrated leadership qualities and track record in leading multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams and building partnerships for collaborative and cross-cutting research.
2. At least 10 years of relevant experience, including research management experience, in an international, multi-disciplinary, and multi-cultural environment.
3. PhD degree in a relevant discipline with a broad perspective on dryland agriculture in the developing world and across the research for development agenda.
4. Proven fund-raising record.
5. Demonstrated commitment to gender equity and diversity.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
7. Employment Conditions