Thyaga Raju Kedam
Dr. Kedam Thyaga Raju, MSc., (Penn State)., FSAB
Professor of (Senior)
Coordinator MSc Immunotechnology
Department of , Pharmacy, Immunotechnology
Sri Venkateswara University
Tirupati –517 502, A.P.
Phone : 0877-228-9495 (O), 2249398 (R)
Fax : 0091-877-2227499/2225211
BSc., Silver Jubilee Govt College, Kurnool, First Class in BZC (1979)
MSc., SVUC, Tirupati, First Class and Third Rank in (1981)
Ph.D. Thesis entitled “The Expression and Characterization of Glutathione S-transferases and Glutathione peroxidase I in Rats” submitted to the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA. The degree was awarded on 17.6.88.
Asst Professor: February 11, 1982
Associate Professor: February, 1994
Professor: From February 2003 onwards
Research / Training Experience
- 1982-84 Reproductive Biology of frogs and rats, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- 1984-88 Glutathione S-transferases and Glutathione peroxidases, prostaglandins, leukotrienes and selenium metabolism, Penn State University, USA.
- 1988-92 Ageing of humans and their bioanthropological studies, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- 1989-92 Influence of selenium on teratological aspects of chick embryos, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- 1988-1996 Influence of exercise on antioxidants and Glutathione S-transferases, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- 1992 onwards Effect of carcinogens on the induction of GST in rats, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- 1993 onwards Inhibitors of lipoxygenases and leukotrienes biosynthesis, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- 2003 onwards: isolation of active principles of medicinal plants
- 2006 onwards: Genotoxicity studies on Chick embryos.
- KK Reddy, 2. K Padmaja, 3. K Veera Reddy, 4. T Charless Kumar, 5. K Nirmala Devi, 6. A Dinakara Rao, 7. A Raveendra, 8. K Vasundhara, 9. A Uma, 10. D Sandhya (2009), 11. Sk Ruxana Begum (2009), 12. SN Veena pani (2009), 13 D Sreenivasulu (2010), 14 Sk Haseena Begum (2010), 15 UL Narasaiah (2010), 16 K Padmavathi (20101), 17 G Sujatha (2010), 18 G Sailaja (2010)
2. Working: K Vijayabharathi., D Vijaya Kumari, A Jawahar Babu. Sk Sajeda, K Jayalakshmi (Part time)
3. Meenabai, M., Kamala, K., Divya K., Pallavi, P., Jayalakshmi K., Sajda Sk., Venkataswamy, M., Suman, P. (Full time)
Protein and enzyme engineering
Molecular Genetics, and Carcinogens
Polyunsaturated fatty acids and their oxygenated molecules and Antioxidants
Determined the existence of cationic and anionic isozymes of Glutathione S-transferases in rat brain.
Confirmed the expression of four subunits of glutathions S-transferases in rat brain tissues. At first time a new subunit belonging to p-class GST was reported.
In cytosolic GSTs the existence of triple subunits were reported just as to microsomal GSTs.
Involvement of brain GSTs in the production of prostaglandin D was reported.
Co-translational insertion of Se during the synthesis of glutathione peroxidase I was reported.
(2) During guidance of Ph.Ds
(1) Expression of metallo-proteins to selenium in chick embryos.
(2) Requirement of more of antioxidants during ageing in urban people and in industrial workers.
(3) Induction of lipid peroxidation during exercise and use of vit. E in its regulation in rats.
(4) Induction of Glutathione S-transferases in exercised rats.
(5) Induction of secondary defense during carcinogenesis.
(6) Characterization of Antioxidant isolated from Neem seeds.
(3) In the Projects
(a) Differential expression of enzymes in frogs and rats.
(b) GST as a marker protein in the detection of cancers.
(c) Characterization of GSTs in rat testis to determine the involvement in PG synthesis.
(d) Regeneration of cells during the treatment of Azadirachta seed antioxidant after exposure of tissue to carcinogens.
1984 UGC MRP : Comparative animal reproductive biological parameters in rats and frogs
1984-88 : Indian Overseas Fellowship
1990-94 : Research project: Characterization of rat glutathione s transferases
1996-1999 : UGC Projects: Analysis of antioxidants of Azadirachta seed kernels
2000-2003 : Research project: Glutathione s transferases and marker proteins
2000-2003 : DST project: Induction of Glutathione s transferases under the influence of carcinogens in rats
2007-2010 : UGC project (coPI): Medicinal plants and their antibiotic activity.
2007-2010 : ICMR project: Analysis of Micronuclei in rats during the influence of carcinogens
2010-2013: UGC Major: Effect of Cadmium on Chick embryo liver
1. course and its future advantages, April 5, 2007, TJPSC, Guntur.
2 Glutathione s transferases; A Review 15-16, Feb 2006, SNMV College, Coimbatore
3. Recombinant DNA and its applications, 10 March 2006, SPMVV, Tirupati.
1. 3rd Nat’l Symposium at SNMV of Biosciences, 15-16, 2006 at Coimbatore.
2. Fed of Comparative animal physiology seminar, 2002. Tirupati
3. 1st Criya biolabs meeting held at Tirupati on 4-7-2008
Membership of Scientific Organizations
1. Life Member – Society for Biological Chemists of India (#888)
2. Life Member – Environmental Society of India (#5799)
3. Member – Forum for Population Education
4. Member – Society for Plant and
5. Editorial member – Proceedings on National Symposium on Tamarindus indica.
6. Member –SVUTA, WESTA, SVUFAC.
Head of : 1992-1994; 2000-2003; 2005-07, 2009-2011(11-8-11)
1. Member, Board of Studies of (PG), S.V.U., Tirupati (1992-94; 1998-2001), and MLT (EX)
2. Observer, B.Ed.CET, S.V.U. Region (1992-95; 1997, 1998) State Observer, B.Ed. CET, 1999, MBA CET-1999, 2000.
3. Member, SC and ST Advisory and Standing Committees, S.V.University, Tirupati (1992-94, 2001-03).
4. Member, Inspection Committee – Introduction of at Degree Colleges in S.V.U. area (1994 onwards).
5. Jt. Secretary, S.V.University Teachers Association (1994) WESTA, Tirupati (1993)
6. Vice president, Forum for population education (2003-2006) of Chittoor Dt
7. Scientific Advisor, Forum for Population Education (2006-2008) of Chittoor Dt
8. Chairman/member, Jt Inspection commission to Affiliated colleges of Andhra Pradesh
9. Convener, Chapter, Tirupati
10. Organizing Secretary, SBCI, 2007
11. Convener Golden Jubilee of SVU, UCIC, 2003.
12. Director, Directorate of Admissions, SVU, Tirupati, 2009
13. Member (Invited), URC, SVU, Tirupati 2009.
14. Organizing Secretary, 18th TRendys in , 2011 Nov 18-19, 2011
15. Organizing Secretary, International conference of ISAB, Novem 2013
Courses/Conferences/Seminars/Symposia Attended and papers Presented
- 3rd Indian National Conference on Reproductive Physiology, S.V.University, Tirupati June 14-15, 1983.
- 35th American Society of Biological Chemists Conference, Washington D.C. USA June 8-12, 1986.
- 5th Summer Symposium on of Cell Penn State Univ. Univ. Pk., USA. July 27-31, 1986.
- 6th Summer Symposium on of Nucleus, Penn State Univ. Univ. Pk., USA. July 27-30, 1987.
- 7th Summer Symposium on of AIDS Virus and its mechanisms, Penn State Univ. Univ. Pk., USA. July 27-29, 1988.
- 37th Federation of American Society of Expt. Biology, Sanfransisco, USA. Feb 29-Mar 2, 1989.
- International Symposium on Agricultural and Biological Aspects of Afflatoxins, P. Chest Institute, University of , . March 22-25, 1989.
- International Symposium on Biological Oxidation Systems. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Oct. 23-26, 1989
- Satellite Symposium on Poly unsaturated fatty acids, Nizam Institute of Medicine, Hyderabad. Oct.31-Nov.2, 1989.
16th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Human Genetics.
S.V.University, Tirupati. Jan. 18-20, 1990.
- National Symposium on Toxicology, S.V.University, Tirupati. Mar.28-30, 1991.
- National Symposium on Aging, S.V.University, Tirupati. April 19-21, 1991.
Xth Orientation program to College and University Teachers
A.S.C.S.V.Univ. Tirupati. June 3-29, 1991.
- Role of University Teachers in Contemporary Society, S.V.University, Tirupati. Apr. 20-21, 1992.
- Radio talk on “Bhumeeda Jeevam Elaaa Puttindi” All India Radio, Cuddapah. 7.30 a.m. June 25, 1992 and later #
- 61st Meeting of Biological Chemists of India (Society) Center for Cellular and , Hyderabad. Dec. 21-23, 1992.
- Workshop on Diet & Nutrition,S.V.University, Tirupati. March 11, 1993.
International Symposium on Recent Trends in
Osmania University, Hyderabad. Nov. 19-22, 1993.
- Short Term Training Course on Eicosanoids , Hyd.Dec. 4-24, 1993.
- Humanistic values in primary Education Teachers Training College, Karvetinagaram, Chittoor Dist. Dec.27, 1994.
National Seminar on Non-Conventional Chromatographic techniques
S.V.University, Tirupati. Jan.7-8, 1995.
Young Scientists Symposium on Reproductive Biology and its frontiers
ICMR & CDRI, Lucknow, UP, Mar. 3-4, 1995.
Group Monitoring Workshop on Animal Sciences and
, Pusa, New . Aug.21, 1995.
- Symposium on Louis Pasteurs Heritage Pasteurs Inst., Chandigarh Sept. 27-29, 1995.
64th Meeting of Biological Chemists of India (Society) CTRI, Lucknow
Oct. 6-8, 1995.
- Symposium on Recent Trends in , Dept. of , SVU, Tirupati. Oct. 18-19, 1995.
- 65th Annual Session of National Academy of Sciences, S.V.Univesity, Tirupati. Nov. 3-5, 1995.
- Fifth Task Force Meeting on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Department of , New . Jan. 24, 1997.
35th World Congress on Natural Medicines S.V.University, Tirupati.
March 14-16, 1997.
- , Biophysics and Meet, Dept. of Science and Technology, New . May 5, 1997.
Second Congress of Federation of Indian Physiological Societies
S.V.University, Tirupati. Sept. 15-17, 1997.
- 66th Meeting of Society of Biological Chemists of India. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam Dec. 22-24, 1997.
- UGC Group Monitoring Workshop. New (INSA) Jan 6-7, 1998.
- National Conference on Environmental Pollution and Solid Waste Management. S.V.University, Tirupati. March 25-26, 1998.
Biochemical Roles of Eukaryotic cell surface macromolecules.
(Fifth Int’l Symposium) I.I.Sc, Bangalore. Jan 4-8, 1999. (Effect of PB and MC on rat testis GSTs)
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Life seiences, University of Kerala, Trivendrum Feb. 7-9, 2000.
- Animal Science Meet DST Aug 24, 2000
- 1st PMW of DST , TIFR, Mumbai, Oct 10, 2001
Nat’l conference on Molecular Toxicology and Physiology
UOK, Kalyani, Feb 2-4,2002
- Refresher course in , IISC, Bangalore, May 5-25, 2002
- Animal Science and Biotechnol Meet, , New , July 24, 2002
- Regional conference on Leadership Qualities improvement Huggai Institute, Tirupati, Nov, 4-6, 2002
- Refresher Course in Value Education, UGC-SVU, Nov 11-30, 2002
Int’l Conference on IPR:Globalization Perspectives. Univ of Kerala
Trivendrum Feb 20-22, 2003
- Int’l Con’ce on Rec Ad’s in Biotec’gy PRC, Tanjavur, Feb 24-25, 2003
Annual conference of Indian, Society for Comparative Animal Physiology
SVU, TPT , Feb 26-28, 2003
- Seminar on third dimension of universities, SVU, TPT , March 12, 2003
- Advances in , SVU, TPT, Aug 2003
- , SVU, TPT, Dec 2005
- Symbios 06, SNMV Coimbatore, Feb 13-15, 2006
- 75th SBCI, JNU, New , Dec 2006
- 76th SBCI, Tirupati, Nov 25-27, 2007
- Bioethics, SVU, March 2008
- World Congress on Biotecnology, YVU, Kadapa, Feb 18-19, 2009
- Int’l conference on Biochemists, BHU, , Feb 17-20, 2010
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS (Refereed Articles)
During the Period of 1984-1989
- Studies on the effects of Ascordia galli (Schrank, 1786) free born, 1923 in chicken in relation to the nutrition of host (1984), Reddy, Y.K., Thyagaraju, K., Govindappa, S. and Reddanna, P., Ind. Vet. J., 61 : 644-648.
- Expression of glutathione s-transferases in rat brain (1986). Li, N., Reddanna, P., Thyagaraju, K., Reddy, C.C. and Tu, C.P.D., J. Biol. Chem. 261 : 7596-99.(IPF.7.67)
- Formation of PGE2 from PGH2 by purified rat brain glutathione s-transferase (1986). Thyagaraju, K., Burgess, J.R., Hong, Y., Reddanna, P., Tu, C.P.D. and Reddy, C.C., Fed. Proceed. 45 : 1000A. .(IPF.13.404)
- Expression of glutathione peroxidase I gene in selenium dificient rat livers (1988). Reddy, A.P., Hsu, B.L., Reddy, P.S., Li, N., Thyagaraju, K., Reddy, C.C., Tam, F.MJ. and Tu, C.P.D., Nucleic Acids Research, 16 : 5557-68. (IPF.5.748)
- Characterization of rat brain GSTs. An isozyme with PGH2-PGD2 isomerase activity (1989). Hildenbrandt, G., Thyagaraju, K. and Reddy, C.C., J. Cell Biol. 197 : 66, 859A. (IPF.12.48)
Structural and functional multiplicity of glutathione s-transferases (1989). Reddanna, P., Thyagaraju, K., Hildenbrandt, G.R., Tu, C.P.D. and Reddy, C.C., International Symposium Agrl. And Biol. Res. Health and Hazards, pp.282-9.
b. During the Period of 1990-1994
- Effect of aging on atherogenic factors of rural and urban populations (1990). Reddy, K.K., Bulliyya, G., Reddy, P.C., Ramachandraiah, T., Reddanna, P., Kumari, K.S. and Thyagaraju, K., Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 5 : 182-29.
- Elevation of rat liver mRNA for Se-dependent glutathione peroxidase by selenium deficiency (1990). Li, N., Reddy, P.S., Thyagaraju, K., Reddy, A.P., Hsu, B.L., Scholz, R.W., Tu, C.P.D. and Reddy, C.C., J. Biol. Chem., 265 : 108-113. (IPF.7.67)
- Oxidative deterioration of polyunsaturated fatty acids (1990). Reddy, K.K., Bulliyya, G., Reddy, P.C., Reddanna, P. and Thyagaraju, K., Arogya J. Health Sci. 16 : 52-61.
- Glutathione s-transferase, superoxide dismutase, xanthine oxidase, glutathione peroxidase, catalase and lipid peroxidation in exercised rats (1990). Vani, M., Reddy, G.R., Reddy, G.P., Thyagaraju, K., and Reddanna, P. Biochemistry International, 21(1) : 17-21. (IPF.3.258)
- Influence of serum cholesterol on blood pressure in a rural population of Coastal Andhra Pradesh (1990). Reddy, K.K., Ramachandraiah, T., Bulliyya, G. and Thyagaraju, K., Ind. J. Anth. Soc. 25 : 164-169.
- Serum lipids and lipid peroxidation pattern in industrial and rural workers in India (1991). Reddy, K.K., Bulliyya, G., Ramachandraiah, T., Kumari, K.S., Reddanna, P. and Thyagaraju, K., Age 14 : 33-38. .(IPF.5.294)
- Dietary supplementation of vitamin E protects heart tissue from exercise induced oxidant stress (1992). Charles T. Kumar, Veera K. Reddy, Prasad, M., Thyagaraju, K. and Reddanna, P., Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 111 : 105-109. (IPF.1.624)
- Relationship between serum antioxidants and lipids among rural and urban populations (1992). Reddy, K.K., Ramachandraiah, T., Surya Kumari, K., Reddanna, P. and Thyagaraju K. Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 7(2) : 125-133.
- Serum lipid peroxides and antioxidant defense components of rural and urban populations and aging (1993). Reddy, K.K., Ramachandraiah, T., Surya Kumari, K., Reddanna, P. and Thyagaraju, K., Age 16 : 9-14. (IPF.5.294)
- Structural multiplicity of glutathione s-transferases (1994). Thayagaraju, K., Reddanna, P., Nirmala Devi, K., Hildenbrandt, G. and Reddy, C.C. J. Parasit. Appl. Anim. Biol. 3(1) : 23-39.
- Serum lipid peroxides and lipids in urban and rural Indian men (1994). Reddy, K.K., Ramachandraiah, T., Reddanna, P. and Thyagaraju, K. Arch. Environ. Health. 49(2) : 123-127. (IPF.3.20)
The characterization of glutathione s-transferase -d isozyme of rat brain (1994). Thyagaraju, K., Devi, K.N., Hildenbrandt, G.R. and Reddy, C.C., Ind. J. Comp. Animal Physiol. 12 (2) : 1-8.
c. From 1995-1999
- Tissue specific expression of glutathione s-transferase and catalase under the influence of phenobarbitol and selenium (1995). Devi, K.N., Balaji, M., Raju, C.S., Rao, A.D., Rao, K.J. and Thyagaraju, K. Proceed. ISSX 7 : 23, Noardwijkerhat, Netherlands.
- Why neem contain more GST ? (1995). Dinakar Rao, A., Uma Maheswari Devi, P., Sreedhar, A.S., Nirmaladevi, K. and Thyagaraju, K. Proceed. ISSX. 7 : Noardwijkerhat. Netherlands.
- Rubia cardifolia inhibits potato lipoxygenase (1995). Tripathi, Y.B., Sharma, M., Shukla, S., Tripathi, P., Thayagaraju, K. and Reddanna, P. Ind. J. Exp. Biol. 33 : 109-112.
- Purification and characterization of 12 forms of rat brain glutathione s-transferases (1996). Thyagaraju, K., Nirmala Devi, K., Hildenbrandt, G.R. and Reddy, C.C., J. Parasitol. Appl. Animal. Biol. 5(1) : 33-48.
- Isolation of 75Se binding protein from hepatic tissues of chick embryos (1996). Padmaja, K., Ramamurthi, R., Prasad, A.R.K. and Thyagaraju, K. Ind. J. Expt. Biol. 34 : 678-682.
- Induction of lipid peroxides in germinating seedlings of mung bean, Phaseolus vulgaris, L. (1996). Devi, K.N., Sreedhar, A.S., Rao, A.D. Padmaja, K. and Thyagaraju, K. Indian J. Plant Physiology 1(3) : 216-217.
- Testicular Glutathione S-transferases of Rat (1996). Devi, K.N., Rao, A.D. and Thyagaraju, K. Asian J. Androl. (Suppl) PO 118.
- Effect of Neem Seed Kernel Aqueous Extract on Steroidogenesis (1996). Rao, A.D., Devi, K.N. and Thyagaraju, K. Asian J. androl. (Suppl) PO 134.
- Developmental changes of glutathione s-transferases of Bombyx mori L. (1996). Devi, K.N., Hemavathi, B., Rao, A.D. and Thyagaraju, K. Indian J. Seri. 35(2): 114-116.
- Glutathione-S-transferases of rat brain (1997). Thyagaraju, K., Devi, K.N., Rao, A.D. and Reddy, C.C. In proceedings of “Int’l meeting of Molecular Mechanisms of Toxicity” (Eds. C. Subramanyam and Surya S. Singh), Hyderabad, India pp.47-55.
- Isolation of antioxidant from Azadirachta seed Kernels : Determination of its role on plant lipoxygenase (1998). Rao, A.D., Devi, K.N. and Thyagaraju, K., J. Enz. Inhib. 14, 85-96. (IPF.1.295)
Glutathione S-transferases inhibition in B. mori, L. by Thyroxine (1999) Hemavathi, B. and Thyagaraju, K., (1999), J. Sericulture. 7:48-50
From 2000- 2004:
- The Lipoxygenases: A Review, (2002) Rao, AD, Devi, KN, and Thyagaraju K, In “Advances in Plant Physiology” (Ed. By SK Panda), New Science Publishers, , India, pp37-42.
Plant Lipoxygenases, (2002) Devi, KN, Rao, AD, and Thyagaraju K, In
“Advances in Plant Physiology” (Ed. By SK Panda), New Science Publishers, , India, pp43-50.
- Effect of b-methyl cholanthrene on Glutathione s transferases of rat testis, (2002) Devi, KN., Reddy, CC., Raveendra, A., and Thyagaraju, K, Current Sci. 82,1282-1287. (IPF.600)
- Induction of Glutathione s transferases in rats by b-methyl cholanthrene (2002) Rao, AD., Devi, KN., and Thyagaraju, K. In: Proceedings on Nat’l seminar on “Recent advances in molecular physiology” (Eds. N.Saha, AK Banerjii, TK Das, and S. Chakraborthi), Kalyani, WB, India, pp16-21.
- A Comparative study on the effect of PB and MC on glutathione s transferases of rat testis (2002) Devi, KN., Hemavathi, B., Aliya, S., Raveendra A and Thyagaraju K, J Biochem Molbiol Biophys. 6 (6), 373-378. (IPF.3.258)
- A comparatve study on histopathology and glutathione s transferases of rat lever and testis with 3-methyl cholanthrene (2002) Vasundhara K., Hemavathi B., Uma A. and Thyagaraju K., Ind J Comp Animal Physiol. 20: 1-7.
- Bombyx mori dehydrogenases in the presence of thyroxine (2002) B Hemavathi., K Thyagaraju and D Bharathi, JComp Appl Anim Phys 4(1):1-7
- Does Glutathione s transferase Pi is a marker protein for tumors? Aliya, S, Reddanna, P, and Thyagaraju, K (2003), Molecular and cellular Biochemistry, 111: 319. (IPF.1.625)
- Induction of GSTs as biomarkers under the influence of PB and MC (2003) Uma A., Vasundhara K., Hemavathi B. and Thyagaraju K., In “ Proc. Int’l sem on Recent Advances in ” Ed by Armugam B, Thanjavur pp118-124.
Characterization of glutathione s transferases of rat testis under the influence of phenobarbitol (2004) K Thyagaraju, Vasundhara K, Hemavathi B, Uma A, Devi KN, Reproductive biomedicine Online, 8 (1) 68-74 (IPF 3.62)
- A comparative study on glutathione s transferases of rat brain and testis under the stress of PB and MC (2005) K Thyagaraju, B. Hemavathi, K Vasundhara, AD Rao, KN Devi,J ZUS 6, 8(B): 759-769.
- Expression of testicular Glutathione s transferases under the influence of 3-methylcholanthrene (2006) K Vasundhara, B Hemavathi, and K Thyagaraju, Int’l J Cancer Res 2(1): 69-83
- A study on Hyperthyroidism in females of Nellore District (2006) Sujatha G, Veenapani SN, Sreenivasulu D, Sandhya D and Thyagaraju K, IJCAP 24 (1) 57-62.
- Analysis of selected serum constituents in toxemias of pregnancy (2006) Haseena BS, Ruxana BSK, Veenapani SN, Sreenivasulu D, Vijaya Bhaskar M and Thyagaraju K, IJCAP 24 (2) 38-44.
- Characterization of Horese gram (Dolichos biflorus) lipoxygenase (2007) K Thyaga Raju, A Raveendra, Ruxana Begum SK and AD Rao, J Phytol Res. 20 (1): 71-79.
- Expression of Glutathione s transferases in Rat testis (2007) Uma A, Ruxana Begum SK, Sandhya D, Sreenivasulu, D and Thyaga Raju K, Bioscan 2,3:141-151
- Impact of Globalization on Indian Drugs and Pharmaaceutical Industry, Sowbhagya Rani V, Thyaga Raju K and Umadevi, K, (2007) IJCAP 25(1): 54-61.
- A Study on Hypothyroidism levels in the Nellore district females (2007) G Sujatha, Veenapani S Nalini, Ruxana Begum SK, Sreenivasulu D, Sandhya D and Thyaga Raju K, IJCAP 25(2) 31-35.
- ASKE protect rat liver hepatocytes and testis seminiferous tublules from PB induced damage (2008) Raveendra A, Sandhya D, Rao, AD, and Thyagaraju K, JH Pharamacotherapy Volume 7: 3-4, (May issue) 259-266.
- Genotoxicity of acrylamide and cadmium on chick embryo Micronuclei analysis (2008) Ruxana Begum, SK., Haseens Bhanu SK., Padmavathi, K., Sandhya, D., Sreenivavasulu D., Laxminarasaiah, U and Thyagaraju K., Adv Life Sci 2:(1&2) 15-22.
- Assessment of the influence of Acrylamide and 3-methylcholanthrene on chickembryo brain GSTS (2009) Sreenivasulu D, Sailaja G., Balaji M., and Thyagaraju K, IJCAP 27(2); 22-27
- A comparative study on hyper and hypothyroidism conditions in Nellore district women (2010), Sujatha G., Haseena Bhanu SK., Ruxana Begum, SK., and Thyagaraju K. The Bioscan 5(1):139-141
- Effect of acrylamide on chick embryo liver GSTs (2010) Ruxana Begum SK and Thyagraju K Med J Nutr and Met 3(1): 31-38
- Protein, Nucleic acid, Chromatin, Cell nuclei and Structural variation analysis of erythrocyte, bone marrow cell and hepatocytes of rats under the influence of acrylamide (2010) VEENAPANI SN, MEENA BAI M., UMA A., K.VENKATASUBBAIAH., K J RAO AND K.THYAGARAJU, Bioscan 5:477-481
- SUPPRESSION OF PARACETAMOL TOXICITY BY ANTIOXIDANT PRINCIPLES OF HYBANTHUS ENNEASPERMUS (L.) F. MUELL. IN MICE BLOOD AND LIVER (2011) SK Haseena Bhanu., Meenabai M and Thyagaraju K, Int'l J Pharmacy and Pharmceutical Sciences 3 (4): 90-94