NCCS,Pune accepting applications for M.Sc Project Work / Final Year Dissertation
NCCS invites applications from the eligible candidates pursuing M. Sc. in any branch of to undertake Project Training as a part of their final year dissertation work/course curriculum at this Institute.
1. NCCS accepts students for pursuing their projects where such projects are essential part of the curriculum. Only those pursuing their
2. In case of candidates pursing integrated . / M. Tech degree those completed at least three years of such course will be considered eligible.
3.Number of students taken each year may vary depending on the requirement. Maximum two applications will be considered from the same Institute / University.
4.First class at all the important qualifying examinations is essential eligibility criteria.
5.The duration of such projects should be minimum of THREE months. Requests for shorter period projects will not be entertained.
6. Maximum permissible / allowed period is six months, however extension is possible based on the performance of the candidate and willingness of supervisor.
7. Preference will be given to the candidates devoting their complete time for the project during this period.
8. NCCS will not provide any stipend / Hostel accommodation / charges any fee for the project training.
9. Application should be in prescribed format, forwarded by Head of the Institute. These must be sent in response to advertisement on web site. Tentative schedule for the is as follows:-
Session Advertisement Declaration of results
10. Interim enquiries will not be entertained
11. Applications which are not in prescribed format / sent by email will be rejected.
12. Students / Heads of the Institutes are requested to follow the prescribed procedure for admission and NOT to approach individual scientists for placement for the project.
13. NCCS will not consider direct requests from the students and requests enclosing the photocopies of the general letter of recommendation.
14. Priority will be given to candidates pursuing their in
a) sponsored Centres
b) Universities that have MOU with NCCS
c) Government Universities (State / Central) . or M. Tech. are accepted for such projects. Those pursuing any Bachelor's degree (including Engineering and Technology) are NOT eligible. However exception will be made for those coming through national level meritorious programs such as KVPY, INSA, JNCASR etc.
Candidates may submit their typed applications through the Head of the Department/Principal of College/University/Educational Institute in the prescribed format* to the Co-ordinator, Academic Cell, National Center for Cell Science, Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune - 411 007 on or before 23.4.2010. Heads are requested to forward maximum 2 applications. Please superscribe Application for M. Sc. Project Training on the envelope. Applications received directly not forwarded by the Head of the Department will not be considered. NCCS will not give any stipend, Hostel accommodation and will not charge any fees for the project training.
The list of selected candidates will be put on NCCS Website by 21.5.2010.
See All Projects in our Database