39 Must Read Tips and Tricks for GATE Aspirants
About the Article: This article has been created by Two times GATE JRF Qualified Biotecnika Faculty Member from IIT Chennai. This Article is exclusively available to Biotecnika members only
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development ( MHRD ), Government of India.
The objective of GATE is to identify meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to Postgraduate Programs in engineering at the National Level. To serve as benchmark for normalization of the Undergraduate Engineering Education in the country.
Tips and Tricks for GATE Aspirants
- Aim for taking GATE exam varies from candidate to candidate. Students from private engineering colleges try to get into M.Tech in order to have stamp of the better known institutions and for them reasonable percentile serves the purpose. On the other hand, students studying in well established institutes may aim to get into IIT or other equivalent institutions. For them very high percentile is essential.
- Normally 3 to 4 months of serious study will be sufficient for the preparation.
- Those students who are in final year have to schedule their studies as semester exam in winter and other engagements may absorb lot of time.
- First of all make a proper strategy before starting preparation of the examination.
- You have to choose the subject and study as per the syllabus mentioned in the GATE brochure.