Admissions to Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme open @ Bose Institute, Kolkata
Integrated.-Ph.D. Programme on Plant and (duration approximately 6 years) is in operation at the Bose Institute, in collaboration with the Calcutta University. This programme is designed to scientifically orient the students towards research immediately after graduation.
Applications are invited for admission to the academic session 2010-2011 from motivated Honours Graduates from any branch of science with good academic record. Eight to Nine students will be selected based on their good academic record and performance in eligibility tests.
During. course all students will be offered a fellowship at par with other Government organizations operating similar courses. However, the fellowship is subjected to the condition that the student must secure 60% or above marks in each semester and maintain the set percentage of attendance in the classes of each semester.
On successful completion of 2-years of www.boseinst.ernet.in ). course, students may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme under the supervision of faculty members of Bose Institute upon fulfilling the eligibility criteria set by the Board of Studies for the Programme following the guideline of University Grant Commission, Government of India (as mentioned in the Prospectus, available at:
Students failing to fulfil the eligibility criteria for Ph.D. programme after successfully completing the. curriculum will receive the . degree in Plant and . Both . and Ph.D. degree will be awarded jointly by Bose Institute and the Calcutta University.
Eligibility for application:
Candidates securing 65% or above marks in Madhyamik and Higher Secondary (10+2) or their equivalent examinations and 60% or above marks in B.Sc. (Honours) or. examinations from any recognized Board/University/Institution etc. are eligible to apply for this programme. Candidates whose final result for B.Sc./ . is awaited may still apply on the basis of the result of their last examination. However, their admission is subjected to securing at least 60% marks in the B.Sc./ . final examination.
Reservation of seats:
Reservation of seats in favour of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Other Backward Classes (OBC) shall be in accordance with the reservation policy of the Government of India.
Schedule of events and important dates:
- Forms available till: 12/7/2010 (Mon), 5 pm
- Last date for receipt of filled-in online Application Forms: 12/7/2010 (Mon), 5 pm
- Announcement of the list of candidates eligible for written test: 16/7/2010 (Fri)
- Written test / entrance test: 20/7/2010 (Tue)
- Announcement of the list of candidates qualified for the interview/counselling: 27/7/2010 (Tue)
- Interview date: 2/8/2010 (Mon) and 3/8/2010 (Tue)
- Announcement of final merit list: 6/8/2010 (Fri)
- Date of admission: 9/8/2010 (Mon)
- Date of admission of candidates from waiting list (if applicable): 11/8/2010 (Wed)
- Commencement of 1st semester, 2010: 2/9/2010 (Thu)
Application and Prospectus:
The candidates should apply online in the prescribed format from Bose Institute web site (www.boseinst.ernet.in) followed by submission of hard copy application to the .-Ph.D. programme, Bose Institute, Centenary Building, P-1/12, C.I.T. Scheme VII M, 700 054. Late submissions or incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
1. Names of short listed candidates called for written test and/or interview will be announced only at the Bose Institute website. No separate intimation will be forwarded.
2. The students admitted in the Bose Institute shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Bose Institute and Calcutta University prescribed from time to time.
3. The right to change/modify any or all condition(s) prescribed in this prospectus is/are at the sole discretion of the Bose Institute and Calcutta University.