IBAB Announces Admissions to PGD in Bioinfo, Cheminfo and Biotechniques | Online Entrance on 18-20 August 2010
INSTITUTE OFAND APPLIED (IBAB)
Biotech Park, Electronic city, Phase I, Bangalore-560 100, Karnataka www.ibab.ac.in
- An initiative of the vision Group on , Government of Kamataka, chaired by - Dr. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- DIT-Govt. of India Center of Excellence for research & training in .
- Well-recognized by the biotech industry in India.
- Excellent infrastructure (including hostel and state of the art labs) in a 20-acre campus.
- First class faculty; additional teaching support from leading scientists from academia & industry.
One of the very few Institutes, in the life sciences sector in India with
95% REAL PLACEMENT RECORD
Examples of companies where IBAB students have been placed:
- Accenture, AstraZeneca, Aurigene, Biobase, Biocon, Brickworks, Cad Zeiss, Cellworks, Cognizant, Connexios, Eppendorf, Gangagen, GSK, IBM, Indigene , Infosys, Invitrogen, Medico Labs, Metahelix, Millipore, Molecular Connections, Novartis, Novozymes, Ocimum, Philips, Quintiles, ReaMetrix, Siemens, Simbiosys Biowares, Sin Tech, Strand and TCS.
- Many students have also gone abroad to do www.ibab.ac.in. . Details at
Mode of Teaching
- The combination of teaching capacities, exposure to current research, focus on self-learning capacities, personality development and the modem facilities have helped IBAB to be one of the best training and research centers in and in India.
- Students in the new batches will also get exposure to the innovative platforms in Next Generation (genome) Sequencing (NGS) & data analysis in the new Bio-it research and training centre at IBAB
Applications called for: Postgraduate Diploma inOR CHEMINFORMATICS
- Duration: 18 months, 3 semesters including internship
- Eligibility: For this interdisciplinary field, science/technology/medicine etc graduates are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships and studentships for deserving students
- Receipt of filled forms 16th August 2010
- Online Entrance Test: 18 - 20 August
- Date of interview: 14-16 September 2010
- ommencement of Course: 1st October 2010
Note: Online entrance test can be taken from any place with suitable computer facility.
Postgraduate Diploma in BIOTECHNIQUES
- Duration: 8/14 months, without/with internship
- Eligibility: Graduation/Post Graduation in any Subject
For More Details Please contact:
- Ph: 080-28528900/8901/8902
- Fax: 080-28528904
- Mobile: 9008296547, 9611872946