ATTN: JRF Holder - NIV Pune invites you for Ph.D Programme 2010
National Institute of Virology is a premiere institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research. The main focus of the research is on viruses of public health importance, i.e. Hepatitis, Respiratory, Enteric, Encephalitis, Hemorrhagic and Emerging group of viruses. The area of research encompasses basic virology, molecular aspects, epidemiology, vaccinology, antivirals, pathogenesis and.
Applications are invited for Ph.D Programme in different areas of virology.
Total Number of seats: - 22 Vacancies (UR-05, OBC - 07,
SC - 06, ST - 04, Out of these, two seats are reserved for PH
- Master Degree in / / / /Biophysics/Virology/ Veterinary science/other branches of / and from any recognized University/ Institution recognized by Pune University.
- First division or equivalent grade or at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point in all major examinations from Higher Secondary (10+2) onward.
- Qualifying in one of the following Tests (with validity as on 1st of August 2010) is mandatory for the candidates applying for Ph.D. -UGC for or UGC- for or - or ICMR or any other qualifying examination approved by University of Pune.
- Candidates who have not yet cleared their qualifying examinations and expect to complete all the requirements for the degree (including all examinations, project dissertation, viva-voce etc.) before July 31, 2010, are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum requirement of FIRST CLASS in the qualifying examination is relaxable to PASS CLASS for SC/ST candidates.
Age limit: 28 years as on 01/07/2010. Age relaxation as per statutory norms shall be applicable for SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates.
- The Candidates, who fulfill the above criteria of eligibility, may directly appear for the walk-in interview at Microbial Containment Complex(MCC) 130/1, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune- 411021 India. Tel: +91-20-25880982 Fax: 25893640 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday 12th July 2010 between 09:00 and 12:00 hrs. Application form can be downloaded from our websites:
- Applications must accompany complete BIODATA and two recent passport size photographs and attested copies of all mark sheets and certificates. Each page of the document should be signed by the candidate.
- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected.
- The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The shortlisted candidates in walk-in interview will be provisionally allowed to interact with research guides available in NIV. Depending on the interest of shortlisted candidates and the guides, final selection of the candidates will be notified by 25th July 2010. The list of selected and shortlisted candidates shall be posted on our above websites.
- No travelling allowance shall be provided and candidates have to make their own arrangements. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification