M.Phil-PhD Admission Notification From Central University of Punjab | M.Sc's can apply online
The Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (Punjab) has been established through the Central Universities Act 2009 which received the assent of the President of India on 20th March 2009. Its territorial jurisdiction extends to the whole State of Punjab. The University would carve out and maintain its national character and global outreach through its instructional and research programmes. It is planned to be a multi-facility and multi-faculty university enshrining state-of-the-art infrastructural support systems for teaching and research. It will bring into public domain the global technological trends for the benefit of every strata of society.
The University will hold Entrance Examination for admission to M.Phil – Ph.D integrated programme in Biosciences, Environmental Science and Technology, Comparative Literature and South & Central Asian Studies at the following cities: Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, , Mumbai and Noida. The University reserves the right to change/cancel any centre of examination without assigning any reason. The candidates who have qualified -UGC-NET ( /LS) or any other test recognized by UGC need not to appear in the entrance examination.
Biosciences: . in / / / / / / or any other branch of life sciences with minimum of 55% marks.
Environmental Science & Technology: . or M. Tech/M.E. in Environmental Science / / / / / / / or any other branch of life sciences or chemical sciences with minimum of 55% marks.
Date: 25th January 2010(Monday)
Last date for submission of online application: 7th January 2010(Thursday)
Last date for receipt of application printout along with enclosures: 12th January 2010(Tuesday) by 5:00 PM
Syllabus For The Exam
General Science, Environmental Awareness, Current Events, General Mental Ability and Reasoning, Elementary Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology.
Instrumentation and Biostatistics, , Genetics, Immunology, , Physiology and , Ecology, Atmospheric Chemistry, Environmental Toxicology and Management, Thermodynamics
How to Apply
- Important Instructions to Candidates for Filling Online Application
- Please read eligibility criteria and other requirements before filling the online application form.
- To apply for the programme, eligible candidates must complete the online application form and submit it. The candidate will also take a printout of the completed online application form after submitting it and send the same with required enclosures (see below) by registered post to :
The Assistant Registrar
Central University of Punjab,
D-13, Civil Station,
Bathinda - 151001
Enclosures required along with the print out of online application:
- Crossed demand draft favoring “Central University of Punjab, payable at Bathinda. Write your Name, Application no. and Address on the back side of the demand draft.
- Two recent color photographs (One pasted on form and one attached by clip. Write your Name and Application no. on the reverse of the clipped photograph.
- Reserve category certificate (SC/ST/OBC), if claimed
- Date of birth certificate
- Marks sheet of 12th/Intermediate or equivalent
- Marks sheet of graduation
- Marks sheet of post graduation
- Any other degree/diploma
-UGC-NET ( /LS) or any other test recognized by UGC qualified certificate